its already happenning ...... (1 Viewer)

It seems like Hill would give us a better chance just based on his ability to run. Run the ball and then use play action. Get him on some old school bootlegs with the option to throw or tuck and run.

Based on what we've seen from Teddy, I think we're going to see more Taysom.

My only problem with Hill is that he is a short term solution like 2 solid game solution. He's talented, but not ready. Payton can only scheme around an inaccurate QB so much. Hill is our least accurate QB, but the perception is that his playmaking ability makes for it. In the NFL, it's only as good as the amount of tape he has put out. So, I rather save using Hill for the later half in emergency against softer opponents.

yea he is a typical pundit,
Nah. No offense to you, but Simms is a step down from his Dad and Phil is a complete and utter moron
I think that’s plausible. Hill has rare athleticism for the position.

I guess I’m in the minority who thinks we have two good prospects at the position, neither of whom have reached their full potential. I like the odds of Payton getting one or both of them playing at a high level.
I mostly agree with you, but I'll add the caveat that we need to see both in a situation where they are set up to win. We haven't seen that for either yet. But I'm hopeful and I think that they both have great promise.
We know Teddy isn’t better suited for this offense than Taysom, so why not just start Taysom against Seattle and jumpstart this script?
Do we? I don't think anyone on this forum can make that statement yet. We haven't seen either player in a normal regular season situation. Hill only in preseason and a few plays here and there. Teddy in a rest game with few starters playing and a game that was tailored to Brees' strengths, not his. His other experiences were years ago when he was still learning his craft. Let him play a couple of real games, with game plans made for his skills. Only then will we actually know. Right now it is all speculation based on very limited insight.
I find it odd that Payton hasn’t named a starter yet.
He might not. Why show his hand now? Let other teams wonder and plan for both QBs.
I would argue that water isn’t wet— it makes other things wet. So you would have two grounds to tell Chris Simms to shut up—which is good. Because he is an idiot.
Lol. Amen. And idiot might be too nice of a word.

Taysom may not have as good a grasp on the playbook or reading defenses. I'm not really sure. What I do know is he seems to have the "it" factor. He's an electrifying player. If it's 3rd and 9, instead of taking a sack or throwing the ball away, he will probably get you the 1st down with his legs. And from his preseason play, he looks to be more than capable of getting the ball where it needs to be. While I am only judging him based on what I've seen, the coaches see much more on a daily basis. I'd agree, though, if Teddy just stinks it up, it may be at least worth a shot to see what Taysom can do. I'll take a QB running for as many 1st downs as he wants vs. punting all day. That said, I hope Teddy does a good job. He really is playing for his job at this point.

I completely give Teddy a mulligan for that debacle with Carolina last season. He was playing against they're 1s with 2s and 3s.

I even give Teddy a mulligan for against the Rams. Brees is the heart and soul of this team, and he got thrust into a situation that would be difficult for ANY backup, not to mention the fact that before I turned the TV off, our received dropped a LOT that were not bad throws. My concern here is can Payton scheme with his 2 and 3 on the field at the same time or does that limit us?

My concern here is can Payton scheme with his 2 and 3 on the field at the same time or does that limit us?
That's a good question. I'm wondering the same. We do know that both were on the field last week at the same time with Hill primarily at WR due to injuries at that position. I guess we'll have to see what CSP decides to do.

I think that’s plausible. Hill has rare athleticism for the position.

I guess I’m in the minority who thinks we have two good prospects at the position, neither of whom have reached their full potential. I like the odds of Payton getting one or both of them playing at a high level.

I'm in agreement with you. I think there's a false idea that Bridgewater is a known commodity who will never be more than a backup. But it's not the case that he has fulfilled his potential. He's only really played two years in the league, and he made the probowl while looking respectable. He may not pan out. But it's not like he isn't a prospect to become better over time.

The problem as I see it is that the Saints are likely to lose to the Seahawks this week for a lot of possible reasons. And that would mean that no matter who is under center this Sunday it wouldn't be a big surprise if the Saints fly home with another 'L' on their record.

But you can bet your last dollar that if they lose it will be solely on the fact that Hill was not the QB for this game. And if by some strange situation he comes in late in the game and we still lose, then the cry will be that we should have started him to have a chance to win.

Whenever a team is not successful, to a lot of fans the savior is always going to be the guy on the bench. Trust me, if Bridgewater is the main reason why we lose this weekend, then we won't be the only ones to realize that, and the coaches will make the adjustment.

Bridgewater needs to show something. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised by his play, but I'm expecting it'll just be a matter of time before Hill gets a shot.

When Dennis Allen was the defensive coordinator in Denver they made the playoffs with Tim Tebow completing as few as 2 passes a game by controlling the ball and playing defense. We have the offensive line and some good running backs, so I could see the Saints using a similar game plan using Taysom Hill to grind out first downs and keep the ball moving -- and Hill is a better passer than Tebow.
We had the offensive line...the left guard is looking pretty scary right now...clapp, and he was playing against one of the best pass rushes in the league, but he looked not good..
to me...no disrespect sir, maybe I mean he didn't look ready...anyway, where is Easton? Hurt? and, how can there be no announcement of bringing one or more receivers up from the PS yet? I am hyperventilating..!! Quan and Kirkwood hurt right?

The problem as I see it is that the Saints are likely to lose to the Seahawks this week for a lot of possible reasons. And that would mean that no matter who is under center this Sunday it wouldn't be a big surprise if the Saints fly home with another 'L' on their record.

But you can bet your last dollar that if they lose it will be solely on the fact that Hill was not the QB for this game. And if by some strange situation he comes in late in the game and we still lose, then the cry will be that we should have started him to have a chance to win.

Whenever a team is not successful, to a lot of fans the savior is always going to be the guy on the bench. Trust me, if Bridgewater is the main reason why we lose this weekend, then we won't be the only ones to realize that, and the coaches will make the adjustment.
I think the coaches and the quarterbacks know this is the exact wrong time for them to be thrown into the fire...I figure they both hoped to watch the great one for a while longer, digest more of the playbook, the general stuff that happens during each play, options, audibles, etc...but..its on now...one of the two will have to rise, or we shall surely go down
in flames...I think we are safer with Taysom...but Bridge appears to be a better passer with more experience and good mobility...Sunday will tell the tale...gonna be a long week...
for us all...Hail to the great Drew Brees, raise your glasses, clink, clink, tink....a modern day hero...and there are few....

It seems like Hill would give us a better chance just based on his ability to run. Run the ball and then use play action. Get him on some old school bootlegs with the option to throw or tuck and run.

Based on what we've seen from Teddy, I think we're going to see more Taysom.
I actually think with a little practice, Taysom could be a good pocket qb...at least, I hope so...I like the guy, and he is a tough guy...and a mobile quarterback...
the one thing we have not had...a mobile quarterback..no disrespect Mr. Brees......

I think you will see it like this base upon us getting 70 snaps: Teddy=40, Taysom=30. Two man rotation all game long.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom