its already happenning ...... (1 Viewer)

Not sure which gives us the best chance to win... likely a mix of both IMO... but I do believe if teddy stinks it up in seattle, that the following sunday might look like an away game in the dome.

Naw most and I said MOST Saints fans are not that dumb. They know we must rally behind this team if we are going to stay in the hunt until Drew returns.

I didn't like what I saw from Teddy in the Rams game, but I'll give it a couple of full games before I stop believing that Payton knows what's best for the offense.

I find it odd that Payton hasn’t named a starter yet. Add to that ,no official word from saints on drew, other than he had one opinion and he’s going for a second .

That’s because the starter is Teddy. There’s no debate about it except for on the internet. Now, that could certainly change if Teddy plays bad this week or two weeks in a row. But, as of now it’s Teddys job to lose.

I would argue that water isn’t wet— it makes other things wet. So you would have two grounds to tell Chris Simms to shut up—which is good. Because he is an idiot.
Something is wet when water molecules temporarily bond to it. Water molecules bond to themselves. Therefore water is wet.

Chris Simms is also a fool. Like the medieval kind.

Naw most and I said MOST Saints fans are not that dumb. They know we must rally behind this team if we are going to stay in the hunt until Drew returns.

Dallas travels as good as any team when they're winning. There's always a lot of tix available on seatgeek and stubhub.

Theres gonna be a lot of silver and blue in the dome regardless. If we look bad this week and dallas wins again.. it could look like the last time the Pat's came to new orleans.

I wanted Hill to be named the starter too until I read that Chris Simms does. This guy is clueless.

The problem as I see it is that the Saints are likely to lose to the Seahawks this week for a lot of possible reasons. And that would mean that no matter who is under center this Sunday it wouldn't be a big surprise if the Saints fly home with another 'L' on their record.

But you can bet your last dollar that if they lose it will be solely on the fact that Hill was not the QB for this game. And if by some strange situation he comes in late in the game and we still lose, then the cry will be that we should have started him to have a chance to win.

Whenever a team is not successful, to a lot of fans the savior is always going to be the guy on the bench. Trust me, if Bridgewater is the main reason why we lose this weekend, then we won't be the only ones to realize that, and the coaches will make the adjustment.
I think this game is very winnable. The bengals took them to the wire in week 1 in Seattle and they barely beat the Steelers who played more than half a game with a backup 2nd year quarterback, the same Steelers team whipped by the Pats and the same bengals team blown out by the 9ers. I know the Saints personnel is better than the bengals and Steelers, so if the Saints can overcome the hostile road environment decent QB play should be enough to get the W.

I think this game is very winnable. The bengals took them to the wire in week 1 in Seattle and they barely beat the Steelers who played more than half a game with a backup 2nd year quarterback, the same Steelers team whipped by the Pats and the same bengals team blown out by the 9ers. I know the Saints personnel is better than the bengals and Steelers, so if the Saints can overcome the hostile road environment decent QB play should be enough to get the W.
I also believe this game is winnable for us. I'll stop short of saying "very" mainly because of being in a hostile environment and having a QB who may still be adjusting to the spot he is in. But hopefully it'll be like riding a bike for Teddy. If he gets off to a good and confident start, anything can happen!

I think a lot of us are forgetting that we lost Trequan and Kirkwood Sunday - Taysom was WR3 by the 4th quarter.

I'd like to see Taysom under center as much as the next guy, but let's give Teddy a fair shot and support our Saints.
And if Teddy can get the job done for us, we won't lose all the schemes that Taysom has to offer in the process. :9:

I find it odd that Payton hasn’t named a starter yet. Add to that ,no official word from saints on drew, other than he had one opinion and he’s going for a second .

I think that's because in Payton's mind there is no issue. Bridgewater is Brees' backup and the #2 QB. Nothing has changed that at this point and I doubt it changes unless Bridgewater goes out and throws a bunch of interceptions this week.

And Payton is never going to give the official word on any injury until he is forced to by the NFL and even then, he is only going to say what is required by the NFL. He will say that Brees has a hand and then when he is forced to he will say he is out for this week. When it becomes obvious that he has had surgery he may even give a time frame for his return, but not until he has to do it. No sense confirming for the other team what they already think they know.

I think a lot of us are forgetting that we lost Trequan and Kirkwood Sunday - Taysom was WR3 by the 4th quarter.

I'd like to see Taysom under center as much as the next guy, but let's give Teddy a fair shot and support our Saints.

I think many are also forgetting how many balls our receivers flat dropped in that game. Cook had two or three bad drops alone that would have been first downs.

Dallas travels as good as any team when they're winning. There's always a lot of tix available on seatgeek and stubhub.

Theres gonna be a lot of silver and blue in the dome regardless. If we look bad this week and dallas wins again.. it could look like the last time the Pat's came to new orleans.

I totally understand your point and it’s valid, but any fan that sells out after a 1-3 start isn’t a fan to begin with.

Not sure which gives us the best chance to win... likely a mix of both IMO... but I do believe if teddy stinks it up in seattle, that the following sunday might look like an away game in the dome.

I can tell you my educated opinion: as long as the game is close, TB should be able to manage the game. But if the Saints fall behind, there is no indication, past or present, that TB can rally the team, and will them to a win.

Taysom, on the other hand, he brings the spark, and has the ability to make things happen.

The Seattle game, I think it is going to be close. And that favors TB. I expect the Seahawks to dare TB to beat them with his arm. If the Saints can establish the running game and prevent Seattle from scoring TDs (even if they give up a ton of yards), they should be ok. But if the Saints fall behind a couple TDs or a TD late... I don't know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom