It's Another Festivus Miracle: Three Weeks Later.... (1 Viewer)

I'd hate to lose Peat. I like Peat, but I know by trading him we would get a decent pick and open up a half decent amount of cap space.
Explain how trading Peat helps us to me please.

Sure we get a draft pick but we would have to turn around and use it on another unproven guard. I have not seen enough out of our stable of linemen to assure us of another starter. It would make more sense to trade Armstead since he is constantly missing games being injured. We would still have to draft a starting tackle but we might get one who can play 19 games.

Unless we’re ready to give up a playmaker, we do not have anyone on our roster who would warrant a pick higher then a fourth round.

"We'll find a way to get a draft pick or two back," Payton said

Anyone have any clue on how we’re going to get any of our picks back ? The only player I can see is maybe peat ?

Maybe Taysom if there is a market. I'm not so sure Peat has much of a market either. It's the last year of his contract, he's owed 9.6 mil and he didn't put out his best tape last year.

Should get a supplemental first round pick from the league to pay for the blown call. They fine teams and players. Why not fine themselves!!LOL

Explain how trading Peat helps us to me please.

Sure we get a draft pick but we would have to turn around and use it on another unproven guard. I have not seen enough out of our stable of linemen to assure us of another starter. It would make more sense to trade Armstead since he is constantly missing games being injured. We would still have to draft a starting tackle but we might get one who can play 19 games.

Unless we’re ready to give up a playmaker, we do not have anyone on our roster who would warrant a pick higher then a fourth round.
Trading Peat helps us because he just isn't very good. Maybe there's some team that thinks he is, or that wants him to play tackle. Offensive linemen with a pulse usually fetch a good return. We could upgrade from him in FA, then trade him to a team that lost out, which would also result in a net gain in cap room that we could use to improve the rest of the roster.

I don't think this scenario is very plausible for many reasons, but that's the argument. Except for Devaroe Lawrence, I don't remember us trading away any players for picks since Payton's first year.

I say we extend Peat or just ask for a cut. Hopefully we commit the resources to give him a legit competitor that also builds depth.

Hard to get excited about the draft when your first pick is late in the second round.
Are you kidding. It just means everyone will post mocks with us trading up into the first round in exchange for some Cheetos and a signed photo of Walter Thomas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom