It's Another Festivus Miracle: Three Weeks Later.... (1 Viewer)

Hard to get excited about the draft when your first pick is late in the second round.

and no 4th round pick.

Playing the draft game on fanspeak is painful to say the least.

1 (late) second round pick
1 (late) fifth round pick
1 (early-ish) and 1 (late) sixth round pick
1 (late) seventh round pick

Basically, we get to add player with promise to groom. With an outside chance that one of our late round picks will make the cut and another make our practice squad.

BTW, I took TE Jace Sternberger (tA&M) with pick #62... but I'd rather trade back and pick draft TE Genter (mich) and somehow pick up another player with potential to make our team.

"We'll find a way to get a draft pick or two back," Payton said

Anyone have any clue on how we’re going to get any of our picks back ? The only player I can see is maybe peat ?

Anyone have any clue on how we’re going to get any of our picks back ? The only player I can see is maybe peat ?
I'd hate to lose Peat. I like Peat, but I know by trading him we would get a decent pick and open up a half decent amount of cap space.

most likely way is trading next year's 2nd to get a mid-third round pick. Or God forbid... next year's 1st round pick for a 2nd round pick this season.

Anyone have any clue on how we’re going to get any of our picks back ?
Please let it be that he finally found some compromising photos of Goodell.

What do you guys think we may get for Bridgewater. I hope I spelled his name right.

Remember the year we didn't have a 1st or a 2nd and had to wait till round 3 to get Akim Hicks. That was a hard draft to get excited about.

I'd hate to lose Peat. I like Peat, but I know by trading him we would get a decent pick and open up a half decent amount of cap space.

yeah, you're not wrong. I'm not sure we're going to trade anyone, but on paper Peat makes the most cap sense. 0 dead money left, 9.6M cap savings, worth a decent bit. He's a good guard. I don't know how much the team values him, or if he really wants to be a tackle. Of course, with how Armstead has issues finishing a season, having a guy who can play guard and tackle is important.

The only other players that make sense to trade, on a cap basis, are Eli Apple (I heavily doubt we'd trade him) with a 0 dead money hit and 2.5M cap savings, AJ Klein (again doubtful, mostly due to I don't think we'd get much for him) 2M dead money, but 4M cap savings...

Otherwise, we'd be trading young talent, which would be monumentally stupid. Michael Thomas (probably a move that would cause the fan base to turn their anger towards the team), Taysom Hill, Onyemata (of course, he may have just killed his draft value, and we need him with Rankins hurt).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom