It's been almost a week and I still don't know how we lost to the Giants (1 Viewer)

An hour after the Minny game, I was still sitting on the couch holding my head, wondering where I was...
Rams robbery in the NFCCG is the moment I retired from caring. Completely. It became pure entertainment with no emotional investment (or financial) from me at that point.

Nothing more, just having a hard time with digesting this one, kind of like the 'Minny Miracle' game, cognitive dissonance...
I share your sentiments.
A win last week sets us up real nice, especially if we win this Sunday.
I have an icky feeling that last week's loss may follow us into upcoming games.
I'm sure I am wrong, but I can't wait til we beat WFT so I can shake off this dark shade in my head.
At least for a while...

I've seen a lot of complaints. Coach, Taysom, d-line. To me it was one major issue. Complete breakdowns in coverage. Lattimore let's a RB run by him for a TD. Adebo has a few bad breakdowns for critical plays. Not to assign direct blame (I don't have all 22 or play calls). Those plays are what lost the game to me. Just can't do that in the NFL no matter the team. Happened way to often. The rest was minor or I was OK with.

Last edited:
I share your sentiments.
A win last week sets us up real nice, especially if we win this Sunday.
I have an icky feeling that last week's loss may follow us into upcoming games.
I'm sure I am wrong, but I can't wait til we beat WFT so I can shake off this dark shade in my head.
At least for a while...
I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we beat the Skins. Expecting a loss this weekend.

As a Saints fan of over 40 years, I can tell you that this team has it in its DNA to disappoint and underwhelm ESPECIALLY when they are expected to dominate. Nothing surprises me. This will get me negged to infinity but when the Falcons blew a 25-pt lead in the Super Bowl, I thought, dayum that felt like something the Saints would have done. I still can't believe we won the 09 Championship... Super Bowl Champion New Orleans Saints. Wow.

Outside of that magical season, we are a team that's built upon consistent disappointment. Buckle up, this won't be the last head scratcher this season. You can just about bank on it.

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we beat the Skins. Expecting a loss this weekend.
Based on what, exactly?
I just read that WFT has one of the best front 7 in the league, with 2 very good defensive ends.
We know Heinecke can run.
But even with these negatives, I honestly believe the Saints can beat anyone - even now, despite all of the injuries.
Winston can do the job.
And he will only get better.
If our D looks less like last week's 4th quarter and more like the last 2 years, and Payton clears his head, we will win this Sunday.
What is troubling me is hints of some discord among the players.
The Saints have been a very close team in the locker room for years now.
That goes a long way towards achieving a playoff spot in January.
Winston's comments a few days ago took the concern down a little.
As well as Kamara's comments.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom