It's going to be sloppy - just chill and be happy we have football (1 Viewer)

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Football is here! I can't think of any more anticipated football season in our lifetimes, just because it is bringing some sense of normality in what has been a whackadoodle year for all of us.

The first month or so of any NFL season (at least since the turn of the century) is sloppy. Starting players don't have that many game reps. Practice reps are fewer than they used to be an many veterans try to avoid much real activity in the camp and preseason. Every year we see a product in September that looks nothing like what we will see by the end of the year. And this year is going to be even worse. No pre-season games. No off-season activities. Limited camp activities. We can expect the first month or even six weeks to be very sloppy. Players of all experience levels are going to make mistakes. Some, at times, are likely to look "out of it" or make truly boneheaded plays. I think we all have to be prepared for this and keep perspective: in May or even June, nobody really knew if we would even get to this opening day.

Before we throw stuff in our living rooms or come here to post what a bum X player is and we never should have signed him, pause and remember that these guys haven't played a snap of real football since January. Execution will likely be messy, but it will get better and all teams are going through the same thing.

Everybody just be cool.

Expect some notable injuries in Week 1 due to the nontraditional offseason. I do hope our team's relative familiarity with one another outweighs Tampa's mishmash of Dream Teamers' just now practicing together.

Also important to remember that all signs point to this being Drew's last season.
I'm going to try to sit back and enjoy watching the GOAT do his magic one last time.

Anybody that follows the game-day board knows I whine a lot, but I'm going to try and take this season in stride and not get so bent out of shape when things don't go our way.

I'm just happy we have football back.

Huge thumb up - if for nothing else, the perfect Scarface gif.

I have been thinking the same thing for some time. No off season, no pre season, and minimal practice reps, plus little hitting, will probably lead to a real sloppy and turnover filled opener. The first few weeks should be much the same. I am, however, counting on the continuity of the Saints to play less mistake free football and hopefully pile up some wins in a row.

It will be very sloppy for at least 2-4 weeks. May this be a lesson to all wanting to scrap the preseason.

it will certainly be sloppy. The good news for us is that, in theory anyway, it should be more sloppy for teams with higher roster turnover

Going For Me GIFs | Tenor

Agree completely. I just wish we weren’t starting with such an important game. And being forced to play it at home without fans, no less.

Hopefully we’re the less sloppy team Sunday. But lots of season left after this one regardless.

Also important to remember that all signs point to this being Drew's last season.
I'm going to try to sit back and enjoy watching the GOAT do his magic one last time.

Anybody that follows the game-day board knows I whine a lot, but I'm going to try and take this season in stride and not get so bent out of shape when things don't go our way.

I'm just happy we have football back.
I am with you on this. There is going to be a lot more taking it in this year for me as well.

sage advice.

unfortunately i can already see Gameday and post game board should we drop this game.

oh man ..im lolol.

Cut this one, fire that one. LOLOL

Football is here! I can't think of any more anticipated football season in our lifetimes, just because it is bringing some sense of normality in what has been a whackadoodle year for all of us.

The first month or so of any NFL season (at least since the turn of the century) is sloppy. Starting players don't have that many game reps. Practice reps are fewer than they used to be an many veterans try to avoid much real activity in the camp and preseason. Every year we see a product in September that looks nothing like what we will see by the end of the year. And this year is going to be even worse. No pre-season games. No off-season activities. Limited camp activities. We can expect the first month or even six weeks to be very sloppy. Players of all experience levels are going to make mistakes. Some, at times, are likely to look "out of it" or make truly boneheaded plays. I think we all have to be prepared for this and keep perspective: in May or even June, nobody really knew if we would even get to this opening day.

Before we throw stuff in our living rooms or come here to post what a bum X player is and we never should have signed him, pause and remember that these guys haven't played a snap of real football since January. Execution will likely be messy, but it will get better and all teams are going through the same thing.

Everybody just be cool.

I don’t have to chill. I do not watch games without the Saints, nor do I care for watching any sports, outside of golf. Enjoy your games, as they may be and while you can.

And I think you, with others, are going to be disappointed with the viewer ratings.

I just want to see motivation, determination, and each player giving their best effort. If someone makes a mistake, I want to see someone else make a play to offset it. I think this is the most talented team we've ever had. If all these guys play for and look out for each other, we will be fine, and it should be a very exiting season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom