It's gonna take about three more weeks to see improvement (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If we factor in the 4 games of preseason we missed, then add another 2 regular season games b/c it usually takes them 2 games to improve and into a groove, the Saints will be progressing and looking good around game 7. That's why if they can be 3-3 or better by game 7, then we'll be alright. A perfect working on all cylinders team, maybe not but an alright team that can get into the playoffs and grow into perfect team.

Well this is likely our "easiest" three game stretch for the rest of the season so they better use these three weeks to improve.

The starters don’t even play in the 4th preseason game and very little in the first. If they don’t get it together after four games, then that’s what they’ll be for the rest of the year.
Yeah, but they have that time w/ each other in TC. They didn't have that this time. Plus, I think some changes will happen w/ in these next three weeks too to make them better but I think it may take that long for them to finally get the lightbulb to come on, not just for the players but for Payton too.

Absolute excuses from every angle. Every team had to deal with the same things.

If anything, the saints should have a MAJOR advantage over other teams by the lack of preseason and limited training camps due to brees and payton being here for 15 years.

The starters don’t even play in the 4th preseason game and very little in the first. If they don’t get it together after four games, then that’s what they’ll be for the rest of the year.

I think he means that during those weeks there are usually scrimmages and lots of practice reps. Even if starters don’t play, they work on specific situations, schemes and take out what doesn’t work. Those are weeks where installs happen.

I tend to agree that what we’ve been seeing from our team is essentially our preseason form played out with regular season consequences. I don’t think we’ll find out what these 2020 Saints truly are until mid October.

Last edited:
Well this is likely our "easiest" three game stretch for the rest of the season so they better use these three weeks to improve.
We lost to the Raiders tho, so nothing's easy for this team and for the past three years none of our wins have really been blowouts as they should have been esp against mediocre teams.

I think he means that during those weeks there are usually scrimmages and lots of practice reps. Even if starters don’t play, they work on specific situations, schemes and take out what doesn’t work. Those are weeks were installs happen.

I tend to agree that what we’ve been seeing from our team is essentially our preseason form played out with regular season consequences. I don’t think we’ll find out what these 2020 Saints truly are until mid October.
Exactly. Thank you. Only thing is I'm a woman, all good tho. Lol.

It's funny that half the league doesn't need 4 games of pre season to click on all cylinders.

Kansas City, Baltimore, Green Bay, Tennessee, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Chicago and Seattle all seem to do ok with the season so far.
A few points to consider. 1) Chicago looked very sloppy until about 5 minutes left in that game vs Atlanta. Then the Falcons “Falconed”. 2) Thats only 1/4 of the league. So 3/4 of the league are still working some kinks out. 3) Most of those teams have QBs who are very mobile. Tho only one I would say is not would be Big Ben. But he’s so hard to take down, mobility is almost a moot point.

A few points to consider. 1) Chicago looked very sloppy until about 5 minutes left in that game vs Atlanta. Then the Falcons “Falconed”. 2) Thats only 1/4 of the league. So 3/4 of the league are still working some kinks out. 3) Most of those teams have QBs who are very mobile. Tho only one I would say is not would be Big Ben. But he’s so hard to take down, mobility is almost a moot point.
Thanks for the heads up on the percentage of undefeated teams. I was actually thinking while writing that every week half the league still wins but even as I write this I'm reminded that Cincy and Philly tied. So.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom