It's Good To Have a Ring Commericals (1 Viewer)

Since we're on the subject of Super Bowl Champion Rings, here are the teams that still do not have a ring;

Atlanta Falcons (0-1)
Arizona Cardinals (0-1)
Buffalo Bills (0-4)
Carolina Panthers (0-1)
Cleveland Browns 0-0
Detroit Lions 0-0
Houston Texans 0-0
Jacksonville Jaguars 0-0
Minnesota Vikings (0-4)
Philadelphia Eagles (0-2)
San Diego Chargers (0-1)
Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
Tennessee Titans (0-1)

LOL @ teams that don't have a superbowl championship

Terry = 4 (IX, X, XIII, XIV)
Jimmy = 2 (XXVII, XXVIII)
Howie = 1 (XVIII)
Michael = 1 (XLII)
---------------------
Total = 8

Looks like Dr. Phil can count.

Since we're on the subject of Super Bowl Champion Rings, here are the teams that still do not have a ring;

Atlanta Falcons (0-1)
Arizona Cardinals (0-1)
Buffalo Bills (0-4)
Carolina Panthers (0-1)
Cleveland Browns 0-0
Detroit Lions 0-0
Houston Texans 0-0
Jacksonville Jaguars 0-0
Minnesota Vikings (0-4)
Philadelphia Eagles (0-2)
San Diego Chargers (0-1)
Seattle Seahawks (0-1)
Tennessee Titans (0-1)
A few that stick out for me in that group...

The Browns
You hear about how dominate that team was under Otto Graham and that arguably the greatest player ever to play the game -- Jim Brown -- played his entire career for them. If you were sitting around back in the mid '60s talking about an AFL-NFL merger, one of the teams you'd think would have dominated is the Browns. Not only no Super Bowl rings, but no appearances is just... Wow!!! Yea, they technically did it as "The Ravens", but how many Cleveland fans really feel that their franchise got a Super Bowl. And that's probably the most sickening part -- "the Browns" only really did anything in the Super Bowl era as "the Ravens".

The Bills
Four straight Super Bowl appearances and no rings. That's still hard to imagine. But I still remember the episode of the X-Files when the smoking man is asked about the Bills winning a Super Bowl and he comments "not while I'm alive". You've gotta think that if you are a Bills fan in the early 90's you are thinking that your team is on the verge of a dynasty - just win one of those four appearances.

The Eagles
Similar to the Bills, but happening one game short of the Super Bowl. It's just amazing that they were one of "the top teams in the NFC" for so long and not only have no rings to show for it, they only have two Super Bowl appearances to show for it. Like 'em or hate 'em, you've gotta admit that this is the one team on that list that has consistently looked they'll have a shot to get off that list soon. They just can't seem to capitalize at the end of those runs.

The Lions
One of the oldest franchises, they've had some success but no championship appearances since 1957 when they did win their 4th of a total of 5 NFL championship appearances. I really feel bad for these guys because not only is it zero championship appearances in 53 years, they've been one of the league door mats since then. Especially with the era of free agency, I keep waiting to see some life out of the Lions. But it seems that even when they are getting better (like this year) they just can't seem to get the wins. Yea, there's the supposed curse of Bobby Lane, but dang that's just brutal - whether you believe in curses or not.

I'm so happy to be off that list... even for the fan base, it's good to have a ring.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom