It's harvest time ! (1 Viewer)

soupcan dan

just the salad please
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Blanched and skinned over 200 tomatoes this morning, simmered them down with the scallions, green peppers and basil ---all from the garden. should get about a half gallon of tomato sauce.

the garage currently smells of ghost, habanero and other assorted peppers dehydrating. should get a cuppa or more of kickarse rub outta that.

Smoking a couple pork butts in a honey glaze my neighbor comes up with outta his hives.

I love this time of year-------canning peaches and cukes next weekend.

Hey Dan, that sounds awesome.

And thank you - I thought this was going to be an undercover pumpkin spice thread and I was gonna have to drop-kick somebody. :mad:

:hihi:

Hey Dan, that sounds awesome.

And thank you - I thought this was going to be an undercover pumpkin spice thread and I was gonna have to drop-kick somebody. :mad:

:hihi:
Pumpkin spice is kinda like veganism and crossfit. There's no such thing as undercover. They'll tell you. They'll always tell you. Repeatedly.

Blanched and skinned over 200 tomatoes this morning, simmered them down with the scallions, green peppers and basil ---all from the garden. should get about a half gallon of tomato sauce.

the garage currently smells of ghost, habanero and other assorted peppers dehydrating. should get a cuppa or more of kickarse rub outta that.

Smoking a couple pork butts in a honey glaze my neighbor comes up with outta his hives.

I am about to have a sheetload of scorpion peppers and I have no idea what I am going to do with them.

I am about to have a sheetload of scorpion peppers and I have no idea what I am going to do with them.
That's what neighbors are for; unwillingly accepting your kind gesture of your abundance. Just be sure to wear a hoodie, sunglasses and face mask so no one recognizes you on their security cameras, leaving peppers on their doorstep.

My oldest son ruined my vacuum sealer this week so I'm dead in the water until I make him buy me a new one.

Sounds great, but the work to benefit ratio isn't worth it for me. The rub sounds great, but I go through that much every month. The tomatoes too - if I cultivate tomatoes all season I want more than a half gallon of sauce in the end.

My okra is finally giving daily yields. Getting about 10 nice sized okra per day. My girlfriend has jalapeño and Thai birdseye coming out of our yinyangs. Tomatoes were a complete fail with all the rain and heat. I mourned my purple heirloom plants 🥲

I thought it was going to be about weed. Still a few weeks to go here.
there's a few against the fence-------the dogs seem to like them. no reason to do anything with them-------the stuff they're selling in Ann Arbor makes this look like poo.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom