It's high time we abolish the DHS (1 Viewer)

Yeah that makes sense and most people don't realize that the biggest reason 9/11 happened was because of the lack of communication and intel sharing between CIA, NSA, FBI and U.S. Customs. It's much much better now but having fewer agencies would help even more.

Since you have experience in this, I'll ask.

To me the premise of the DHS was to be that 'glue' between agencies. To aid in communication and execute action.

Would it just have been more simple to just have the FBI or CIA run point? Or perhaps just have all agencies report (more communicate and be subordinate) to the Military? Basically it comes to if one agency notices something out of place, they have an easy way to communicate it and then the proper response team can be mobilized if needed.

Since you have experience in this, I'll ask.

To me the premise of the DHS was to be that 'glue' between agencies. To aid in communication and execute action.

Would it just have been more simple to just have the FBI or CIA run point? Or perhaps just have all agencies report (more communicate and be subordinate) to the Military? Basically it comes to if one agency notices something out of place, they have an easy way to communicate it and then the proper response team can be mobilized if needed.

Running point would have probably worked better ...I hated being merged with so many different agencies and were weren't JUST merged we were forced to learn their jobs in addition to our own. I did not join INS for a reason because I DO NOT GIVE A CRAP ABOUT DEALING WITH ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS, I realize it's an important job but I was only concerned and interested in catching drug smugglers which is also a losing battle but that's a separate discussion.

I hated being absorbed by DHS and I still think it was a terrible idea, all of the agencies could have much more easily figured out a way to share intel and communicate with each other without creating this Terrorists Chasing Super Agency.

True but just about every Federal Agency finds a way to duck responsibility regardless of it's size.:hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom