It's just a Rumor!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dorsey by a mile. I do like Okoye though. Too much on "potential" when he came out though.

I heard a rumor that he Dolphins pulled the same type of stunt with Marino and it worked........something like....I hear Dorsey is part Jamaican. Dorsey was noticed limping at an event recently, and to make things worse, he was smelling conspicuously minty (like waaaay waaaaaaaaaay too minty, you know like when you use one scent to cover up another scent.) and was hanging with RIcky williams, listening to Bob Marley. I don't know if this is true.....but I you know.....read it on a blog, or a cereal box, or something.

I don't see Dorsey being on the board at #10, but I could see him on the board at around pick #5 to #8. I think the two trade up possibilities would be New England and Baltimore. Right now, here's my top 10 and it has Dorsey falling:

1. Miami Dolphins--Vernon Gholston, LB/DE I do not know, I just feel that his stock will skyrocket with a great workout and he fits into the Dolphins 3-4 defense. He would also replace Jason Taylor who is expected to be traded or released.

2. St. Louis Rams--Jake Long, OT Dorsey is not as much of a need for the Rams who have Carriker, Clark, Wroten and Glover on the inside. They could use a DE but Orlando Pace is 32 years old and has been injured the last few seasons.

3. Oakland Raiders--Darren McFadden, RB Chris Long will draw a lot of attention as will both Dorsey and Ellis. But if it is one thing that Al Davis has shown in the past is he never goes with convention. The opportunity to draft a RB like McFadden will the speed he possesses will likely mean that the Raiders pass on getting help on the defensive front 7.

4. Atlanta Falcons--Matt Ryan, QB If Rex Ryan is the coach, and he moves this team to a 3-4, this could be a defensive pick especially if Gholston is still on the board. Chris Long could also get attention. But in the end, I think they go with Matt Ryan as a way of puttin the final nail in the coffin of the Mike Vick era.

5. Kansas City Chiefs--Ryan Clady, OT Much like Levi Brown last year, I fully expect Clady to move up on draft day. The Chiefs NEED O-line help badly and cannot afford to pass Clady who is a massive tackle. He will definitely give them a presence at LT and open up holes for Johnson and the running game.

6. New York Jets--Chris Long, DE While they would not mind having McFadden, Long fits into the 3-4 scheme that they run. Solid pick for the Jets.

7. New England Patriots--Kenny Phillips, S. The Patriots took a safety last year and could likely do the same again. Merriweather is capable of playing CB, which is what the Pats might do if Samuel departs. Keep in mind that Eugene Wilson is also a free agent. The Pats could trade down for the right price and look to still take Phillips or even a CB.

8. Baltimore Ravens--Brian Brohm, QB. This is likely a place to consider trading up for Dorsey if you are the Saints. The Ravens have needs at QB and CB. With no CB worthy of a top 10 pick at this point, the Ravens are likely to go with the signal caller and Brohm should be there for the taking either at #8 or #10.

9. Cinncinatti Bengals--Glenn Dorsey, DT

10. New Orleans Saints--Sedrick Ellis, DT

I did not project any trades because it's far too early for that although I have maintained that the Saints will likely need to get up to #8 to get the guy that they desire at DT. One of these two guys could be there. Then again, they both could be gone. Right now, I do not see that happening and it is likely that one is there around #8. It's hard to fathom Dorsey falling this far, but I do not think it's a stretch.

i heard Glenn was hanging with pac man jones at a local strip club here in florida. i know one of the "dancers" she lives in my appartment building. she told me that glenn and pac are like brothers and act the same way with their money. make it rain baby!!!!!!

Yea I was thinking the other day, Hey what if Howies son fell to us and we took him. That lead to this rumor:

As you know the fox robot, which has always been black and gold, now sports a Fleur-DE-lies. Jimmy Johnson has quit the show and was seen leaving the studio with a punk hair do screaming about his ex co-host and their insistence that the Saints were unbeatable. He will be replaced by Archie Manning who seems to be fitting in quite nicely.

been here for years and this is the worst thread I have seen to date...Where is the rumor? There is no substance behind what you are saying only that everybody knew he had an injury so there is speculation that it is really bad? Burn this thread

Glenn Dorsey wears Jorts. You can't pick anyone that wears jorts with a Top-9 NFL draft pick.

been here for years and this is the worst thread I have seen to date...Where is the rumor? There is no substance behind what you are saying only that everybody knew he had an injury so there is speculation that it is really bad? Burn this thread

Woah, man. Read the post again...tongue in cheek.

/conclusionjumping/

Woah, man. Read the post again...tongue in cheek.

/conclusionjumping/

exactly.... I'm surprised so many people didn't get it.. I thought it was pretty clear and the Marino situaton, that was referred to, perfect example.....

I hope you can forgive me Glenn. Your still my fav...

If anyone has ever read my other treads you will know that I feel as if DT is our biggest need. It all starts there!

exactly.... I'm surprised so many people didn't get it.. I thought it was pretty clear and the Marino situaton, that was referred to, perfect example.....

I hope you can forgive me Glenn. Your still my fav...

If anyone has ever read my other treads you will know that I feel as if DT is our biggest need. It all starts there!

I'll admit it, I didn't get it at first....probably too gun-shy with all the "rumor" threads in the past, LOL. I went back and re-read it and said "well, DUH!!"

Some of us still haven't had enough caffeine today in order to think straight...:gmorning:

The sarcasm was a bit subtle, though...obviously easier to be missed than you thought. :)

Last edited:
i heard Glenn was hanging with pac man jones at a local strip club here in florida. i know one of the "dancers" she lives in my appartment building. she told me that glenn and pac are like brothers and act the same way with their money. make it rain baby!!!!!!

lol

That's a happy day. But I think if we really want Ellis we're going to have to move up to #7 or so. I'd say he's worth a 2009 second rounder personally. Dorsey is a pipe-dream.

I don't see Dorsey being on the board at #10, but I could see him on the board at around pick #5 to #8. I think the two trade up possibilities would be New England and Baltimore. Right now, here's my top 10 and it has Dorsey falling:

1. Miami Dolphins--Vernon Gholston, LB/DE I do not know, I just feel that his stock will skyrocket with a great workout and he fits into the Dolphins 3-4 defense. He would also replace Jason Taylor who is expected to be traded or released.

2. St. Louis Rams--Jake Long, OT Dorsey is not as much of a need for the Rams who have Carriker, Clark, Wroten and Glover on the inside. They could use a DE but Orlando Pace is 32 years old and has been injured the last few seasons.

3. Oakland Raiders--Darren McFadden, RB Chris Long will draw a lot of attention as will both Dorsey and Ellis. But if it is one thing that Al Davis has shown in the past is he never goes with convention. The opportunity to draft a RB like McFadden will the speed he possesses will likely mean that the Raiders pass on getting help on the defensive front 7.

4. Atlanta Falcons--Matt Ryan, QB If Rex Ryan is the coach, and he moves this team to a 3-4, this could be a defensive pick especially if Gholston is still on the board. Chris Long could also get attention. But in the end, I think they go with Matt Ryan as a way of puttin the final nail in the coffin of the Mike Vick era.

5. Kansas City Chiefs--Ryan Clady, OT Much like Levi Brown last year, I fully expect Clady to move up on draft day. The Chiefs NEED O-line help badly and cannot afford to pass Clady who is a massive tackle. He will definitely give them a presence at LT and open up holes for Johnson and the running game.

6. New York Jets--Chris Long, DE While they would not mind having McFadden, Long fits into the 3-4 scheme that they run. Solid pick for the Jets.

7. New England Patriots--Kenny Phillips, S. The Patriots took a safety last year and could likely do the same again. Merriweather is capable of playing CB, which is what the Pats might do if Samuel departs. Keep in mind that Eugene Wilson is also a free agent. The Pats could trade down for the right price and look to still take Phillips or even a CB.

8. Baltimore Ravens--Brian Brohm, QB. This is likely a place to consider trading up for Dorsey if you are the Saints. The Ravens have needs at QB and CB. With no CB worthy of a top 10 pick at this point, the Ravens are likely to go with the signal caller and Brohm should be there for the taking either at #8 or #10.

9. Cinncinatti Bengals--Glenn Dorsey, DT

10. New Orleans Saints--Sedrick Ellis, DT

I did not project any trades because it's far too early for that although I have maintained that the Saints will likely need to get up to #8 to get the guy that they desire at DT. One of these two guys could be there. Then again, they both could be gone. Right now, I do not see that happening and it is likely that one is there around #8. It's hard to fathom Dorsey falling this far, but I do not think it's a stretch.

A knee sprain is concern for a career full of injuries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom