It's just not the same, thank goodness (1 Viewer)

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In past years, when the Saints would play a horrendous game like this, I would get so disgusted because I knew that there would be more awful ones to follow. This year, a game like this seems like an aberration. There's little reason to doubt that the team will come back next week and trounce the Bucs. It's amazing what a change of coaching staff and a chenge in quarterback can accomplish in a short time.

We were bound to have a game where the ball bounced against us...and bounced...and bounced...geez, how it bounced. We've gotten a lot of breaks and they usually even out over the season.

Probably the only bright spot is that it was vs an AFC opponent and one that might have beaten us anyway. What would have really annoyed me is if this would've come next week vs the Bucs.

Turnovers and penalties killed us, but I'm not sure if this game didn't highlight the talent differenced between us and more established teams. That's just not something you can rectify in one offseason. We've got to play near flawless to beat the better teams in the league.

I am just glad we have a coaching staff that will make the right corrections and not just sit back and say everything is ok! I am sure they are already at work on it!

Probably the only bright spot is that it was vs an AFC opponent and one that might have beaten us anyway.

Exactly. If we have lose a game, this was the game. We still have a tie-breaker and better NFC record than the Falcons.

As long as we win these up coming Division games we'll be aiight. some of the AFC games are a gimmie.

What i was impressed by was the fact that even though the saints were not going to win, and they knew that they wernt, they still had it together to rally and play the whole game. In the past The team if getting down by as little as 7 points would hang head in shame and mope out the game. Drew Brees seems not to understand quit, and he keeps the offence in it till the end. The game wasnt even THAT horrible, alot of tips went the other way, and Bush had two errors that most veterans would make on the wrong day. His INt was inches from being a TD.
I try to focus on the positive, and this team looks better in the loss than some teams have looked winning this year. The games happen where things go wrong from start. it happens We will bounce back and get tampa nextweek.

I do not want to be here if we lose next week vs the Bucs it seems.

Is next weeks game now a must win?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom