It's no surprise that we have a receiver problem. Here's how to fix it (1 Viewer)

tenor.gif

While we are at it let's kick the QB competition up a notch and bring Mike Buck back in as well.

Once y’all realize this shyt is scripted and fixed y’all won’t care as much either. Professional sports are rigged af. Saints fans should know that off the rigged Vikings miracle that was straight WWE and the Rams no call the following year to get LA bandwagon fans with tons of money to start supporting that team out there a little more. Keep believing in this fixed bs. I don’t have all the answers to why etc but I win yearly on all this scripted shyt
Then what are you doing here?

Bet whatever the win total is on the Saints Vegas has posted this year tho. Everyone is counting the saints out nationwide. Especially with MT missing time now. It works every year.

So, how we fix it? You typed in Bring back and suddenly had a stroke. So, who fam?

When MT comes back, I don't think anyone will be able to say we have a WR problem. (OP, nice spring-loaded haha thread btw)
Until MT comes back, we're going to have to get... creative?

TQS, if he can stay healthy should make a bit of a jump this year if he's ever going to. Even if he don't, he's good for a catch here and there. And so far in his career, the few catches he does make always seem to be huge. I'm going into this season with my hopes up a little bit when it comes to him.

Calloway somehow reminds me of early Snead. That same sneaky good WR that plays a role and plays it well. Always shows up on the stat sheet almost as an afterthought, never actually "breaks out", but earns his money week to week.

Harris (also if he can stay healthy), showed us last season that he's more than just a return guy. If he gets the ball with some grass around him, he can make DBs look silly.

Trautman looked a lot like Josh Hill to me last year, but there is talk that there's more to come with him. TEs (even seasoned veterans) tend to require a full season to get in the groove of our offense. If that's the case, then we may be in for a surprise this season from big fish.

Vannett, we will see, but at worst I see him at least covering Josh Hill's production. Don't get me wrong, that's not a lot of catches, yards, and TDs, but still valuable.

Kamara, don't even have to say anything here. AK literally IS our offense. So as long as he's healthy, we're going to be tough to slow down and impossible to stop.

Hogan, man... I remember thinking he was fixing to blow up in NE before he became a weekly injury out. If he can stay healthy, we're probably talking about a decently productive WR for us.

Others... you have to think that at least one of these other receivers will make the roster and add value to the position. We're due for an unknown to make an impact. The Tulane speedster? Lil'Jordan? Baker? Or maybe it's the hybrid RB/WR Ty Montgomery... or the WR turned TE Johnson. Look for at least one of these guys to step up and contribute.

All this to say, I see this rag-tag bunch much the way I see the early Drew days receivers. Remember when we used to have 10 to 15 WRs per game on the box score? Yeah, it's nice to have a few celebrities at WR, but having an army of contributors can be just as effective. Maybe even more effective as the defense has no idea to to key on. The key to ALL of this however isn't any of the pass catchers. It's the guy throwing the ball. Those no-name receiving corps worked so well for us in the past because we had a surgeon slicing and dicing up defenses. Can Jameis or Taysom do something similar? THAT's the question.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom