It's Not Gonna Work.. So, It's All About the Defense... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I glad there is finally a thread about the QB.

can you please give us your source that those guys are disgruntled about Hill? Who is saying he isn't widely loved.
No matter what there are those that always see The Saints glass half empty. Oh, how spoiled we have become. I agree with you 100% brother.

So, Rodgers had less game experience

Not even comparable he’s trying to play 4-5 positions and learn those positions, instead of learning and having a routine at 1... plus he had a Covid offseason prior to this so you saying what you did isn’t even comparable.

Taysom Hill.. Taysom Hill.. Taysom Hill... We can all agree that the man makes plays. But, it would be equally honest to say, he blows more than his share of plays, too. And, as good as the report card was in his first start, the 4-year veteran got a win in his 2nd start but in Week 12 he was out played by most (closer to all) quarterbacks in the NFL.

Denver has an above-average defense but rookie QBs have produced better performances than 9 of 16 completions for 78 yards. Sean Payton's switch to small ball, relying on short passes and the run game, was the right choice. But it also broadcasts that Payton does not trust the arm of his project QB. And, if Taysom cannot show deep-ball accuracy, then defenses will cheat closer to the line of scrimmage to close off the running game and the dink-n-dunk passes.

I noticed something else and I heard at least one analyst stumble on this problem. Taysom ends up scoring a lot. THill scored two rushing TDs and Murray scored the other two TDs. Michael Thomas got 50 of the 78 passing yards. And the Saint "high-powered" offense is grinding to a Chicago Bear-like pace. The Saints team has a number of offensive stars and a win is a win, but don't think for a minute Kamara, Sanders, Cook, and Smith don't want more production and scores in these games. You wanna know why Taysom Hill is not widely loved like Brees, Bridgewater and Winston? In a Saints offense known for its passing prowess, Hill's inability to trust his arm and get the ball to his big-time playmakers may be a brewing locker room issue.

It's all about the defense in New Orleans.

The New Orleans Saints Defense has allowed one touchdown in the last four games. Let me say it another way... Saints opponents have scored one TD in the last month, 16 quarters. And that's 17 quarters if you count the overtime win versus the Bears. The defense is starting to peak at just the right time.

The Saints have the #1 defense in the NFL. The team has a league sack leader. There has not been a 100-yard rusher in 54 regular season games. And the DBs are starting to come together and play like a group of ballhawks.

The Saints are the #1 defense in the NFL (I love typing that). They have an awesome front group of linemen and LBs. Teams are struggling to gain more than 200 yards per game. And no team wants to play the Saints missing all their QBs.

It's December, officially winning time. In their five remaining games, the Saints face two division foes who know the Saints and want revenge.. Philly who is still in the hunt for the Playoffs.. the Chiefs who still hope to catch the Steelers for the #1 Seed in the AFC.. and Minnesota who have an awesome RB, a shot at the playoffs and a history of beating the Saints in meaningful games. On paper, these last five games look like 4-1 or 5-0. I see it different and not quite the holiday some may expect.

GO Saints!!
Jesus take a chill pill. That game is in no way any indication of things to come from any player. It was an anomaly and you know why. Stop overthinking it and just watch the games.

so is Jamies the answer? what has he done to prove that? yes hes played more, but he has nothing to show for it either, other than mediocrity, i dont think the outcomes would be any different than Hill. they would likely be 2-0 under both of them, hill prob more rushing atttack and Jamies more air yards. so what
So we're just discounting the first game when his completion percentage was 78? Doesn't fit the agenda? He did it accidentally. Two wins is nothing to show?

Just curious, are you one the of the people who were calling for Drew to be bench at the beginning of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom