It's not how you fall: Saints rookie Marcus Davenport testing himself against the best (1 Viewer)

• Admin
86120-29ede686a8c9b96d8750f33babeec61e.gif

By Luke Johnson, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune

Just because the New Orleans Saints paid a pretty penny to get him on their roster does not mean 2018 first-round pick Marcus Davenport gets a pass from the typical NFL rookie orientation.

Saturday (July 28), that meant Davenport carried the helmets and shoulder pads that belonged to his teammates across the practice field when practice ended. It also included a few bouts of getting his tail whipped by five-year NFL veteran Terron Armstead.

Davenport took both in stride, but especially the times he was stonewalled by the Saints' left tackle. He called it frustrating, likening it to his freshman year at UT-San Antonio, but it is also a sort of trial by fire that can help him improve in a hurry.

"I just like going against the best," Davenport said. "I like going against Terron, even though I lose. I get thrown around, but hey, I'm working. I think that's something that's actually worth it to me. I know when I can beat him consistently, I'm going to be ready." ...

Full Story - NOLA.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom