It's not just on here, clearly we're not passing the sexy test to the nation this season (1 Viewer)

I fully expect everyone except for Saints & Seahawks fans to say that we're gonna get smashed this Sunday. the only things they see are that we got stomped by the falcons and had trouble with the panthers. never mind anything else.

but you guys already know the drill...very rarely do the Saints get any acknowledgement. we're not one of the media darlings. so the only way to get the respect is to smash teams in the mouth and take it.

I noticed yesterday the lack of Saints mentions too. Whenever they showed the seedings it was more focused solely on Seattle jumping up to 2 and SF falling to 5, and not one mention about "Oh hey! The Saints are now #1 because they beat Seattle this season. The Superdome is quite an X factor should they hold on to that spot."

I'm sure a win Sunday will put us back at the forefront. An "Oh yeah! We forgot the Saints can be really good too!" game. But I just want to go on our run in Jan/Feb. No matter how we get there.

The NFC has three division races that are neck and neck. The Saints wrapped up the South on Thanksgiving. I think it plays into the national narrative that the Saints aren't in a compelling division, so there isn't much to discuss in this final four weeks that have many of these division races coming down to head-to-head match-ups.

I don't focus on the national media -- they clearly don't watch a lot of Saints games anyway.

Look at the Vegas odds for the Super Bowl right now. The darling Ravens are the favorite at 3-1.

Looks who is sitting at #2... our Saints at 4-1.

So despite the lack of national coverage -- Vegas and all of their metrics and deep analytics, see us as the highest likely Super Bowl representative from the NFC.

However, I agree 100% - we beat the Niners Sunday -- you are going to be sick of hearing about us by next Tuesday.

What did being a sexy team get us in 2011, 2017, 2018?? I’m ok with getting back to pounding the rock all day like we were with Teddy and being ugly lol...
Can anyone think of a way we can, at least get Coach to give Murray the ball for 4th & 1s???? He's a beast and we just let him collect dust; even when he's producing!

Its all entertainment at the end of the day. The game is entertainment, but all of the mid-week media coverage is entertainment talking about entertainment, and its pretty meaningless. I get my Saints fix on SR and don't care what the talking heads are saying.

No doubt in my mind we would have beat LA had Brees not gone down that game. We should be sitting at 11-1. I think what people don't trust about this team is because of both Atlanta games and the Carolina game. We appear to be a team that has shown the tendency to relax. We were woefully unprepared and motivated for the first Atlanta game. Then in the other Atlanta and Carolina game, we relaxed and almost let those games get away from us. In comparison, look at the 49ers and their games. They haven't relaxed one iota this season. Their two losses were down to the wire on field goals. They went toe to toe with the clear cut hottest/best team in the league. So I can see the reason why people are more in favor of SF over the Saints. We've struggled with consistency and Payton's glaring mis-use of Murray since Brees returned has left speculation on what kind of Saints team will show up each week.

That being said, the one silver lining for me, is division rivals. These last 4 games have been against division opponents. SF's struggles against the Cards and Hawks were division rivals. The division is no easy feat for any team unless you're the Patriots. Look at how we beat Seattle this year, how SF destroyed Green Bay, or how the Vikings almost pulled out an upset in Seattle. Looking at these last few weeks of games to decide who's the favorite to win might not matter at all. I hope this is the case and makes everything I said above not matter.
Could be a little relaxation but I think like last year injuries are also a factor.

This team has always been better when it can run the ball well and contend the LOS. Last year when the OL got banged up it slowed us down.

This year with Peat and Line and Armstead out at verious points, along with Kamara slowed that has probably has some impact on game planning.

Peat may not be truly elite but he is an above average Guard who can dominate at times. He has lapses and always gets dinged and when he is hurt his game suffers further.

Hopefully Peat comes back fresh and ready to roll and Armstead and Line get healthy and we can knock some heads.

Last 2 games missing one side of the O line has changed how this team plays. Brees even admitted to having a quicker clock to get rid of the ball. The team has not had the starting offense on the field at multiple positions for a majority of the season! It seems to almost go unnoticed at this point. The media speaks of Tomlin like he's a genius for how he has managed the Steelers through the injuries. Yes, the Saints have been steady at best, but with all they have endured I think steady makes them stronger. I believe their strongest offensive performances are still to come. I love this teams ability to adapt to whatever kind of game is needed to win, ground it out, or shoot it out! I can't see another team with that ability.
As for the 49ers, there's only one team I hate more! My hate goes back to our being in the same division. While I do think they are a good team this year, I think we are more tested, and better for it. I like how the Saints have come through this season, playing the schedule they have. Three straight division game wins is nothing to scoff at. Yes, the division is not that strong, but we know how everyone in this division hates each other! Look at 49er schedule...
Tampa, Cincinnati, steelers, browns, rams, red skins, panthers, cardinals, sea hawks, cardinals, packers, ravens. They smacked the packers, but other than that, I do not see the quality of wins there. I like the Saints this week.

The other element to take in... it will be tough to convince many people around the country that the saints are being officiated ‘slightly differently’... because EVERY FAN thinks their own team(s) are being officiated unfairly... that’s just a common narrative ever since there have been sports fans.

So even though we probably are getting hit harder with penalties... no one else is gonna buy that shirt from us...

It’s really a tough pill to swallow. We had a right to be upset after our title game... but now we are gonna pay such a price from our gripes... AND for how long?!

When teams have equal records, things like recent performance matters. Since our bye, we lost to a bad Falcons team by double digits, beat the bad Panthers at home with a game winning field goal, beat a bad Winston led Bucs by 7, and beat the Falcons in one of the most nauseating double digit finishes in my memory. I completely understand people wondering if this team can beat good football teams right now. If we beat the 49ers, that doubt will be removed and we will skyrocket up pointless power rankings. Until then...I get it.

In all fairness though, this year has been really ugly. Sure, we're tied for the best record in the NFL at 10-2 but our 10-2 isn't as sexy as the Ravens' or the Seahawks'. Compared to their 10-2 ours is like a 7-5.

But it's important to keep in mind that we're 10-2, NFC South Champs, and currently the top seed in the NFC. The Saints wrapped up the division with a month left with Teddy Bridgewater playing QB for several games.

The national narrative is that we are 10-2 and NFC South Champs (this early) because our division sucks not because we are that good. I could careless about the national narratives which is why I don’t listen to any of them throughout the week or pregame.
If we as fans are honest, after Drew went down, few thought 10-2 was achievable. I feel like we are play with house money right now and can’t wait to see how much we can take home.

We aren’t sexy because no one knows who we are....including us. We have struggled with an identity. We win, but we’re all over the map and even when we build leads we almost always allow a team to make it close. We are the barely enough team and that isn’t sexy.

How to be sexy? Run the ball. Use the OL we have to win the LOS and power run. Make teams drop guys down and exploit them with Kamara, Cook and CGM.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom