Its Not Reggie's... (1 Viewer)

ATC Saint

Very Banned
Reaction score
Fault we cannot run the ball. I hope after today people will get off of Reggies jock. It is not his fault we can not run the ball. It is the pathetic run blocking that does not allow any running back to get yards. We need to run Reggie more though. Barry Sanders could not run behind this line.

The people who bash Reggie do have points. He does dance too much sometimes, he can be indecisive, and he doesn't move a pile often (although he has done it before). But I think those complaints, while founded, are still not the reason we aren't running successfully. The line is the number 1 reason we are struggling to run.

I agree that the line isn't that great when it comes to run blocking. Even Deuce wasn't having a lot of success before his injury.

We have to have to have the worst Oline in league history, the way ppl rag on them the whole year. Its a miracle that deuce rushed for a 1,000yds splitting time and the same oline. The running game woes should be shared by everyone. Enjoy the win

We have to have to have the worst Oline in league history, the way ppl rag on them the whole year. Its a miracle that deuce rushed for a 1,000yds splitting time and the same oline. The running game woes should be shared my everyone.

Overachieving one year doesn't mean continued success as a unit the next. None of our RB's can get anything going behind this line. Contrast that with what the broncos are doing with their 4th RB or what Minny does when Peterson goes down and you see what we are missing not having a good offensive line.

I've seen good blocking at times...at least opening some good cutback lanes, (although Reggie does seem to miss them often). Jahri blows open his side of the line...Faine seems a little out of shape - he gets overpowered often.

The thing about run-blocking is that it works better when it's done often. In my opinion we'd be better with quick scheme based blocking style a la Denver. What we have seems to be power based and is tough to get going when you pass so much. It also doesn't fit Reggie's style quite so much.

Saints offense have passed it more than any other team in the NFL and have the least amount of sacks. Offensive line is protecting Drew. The running backs we have are the problem.

Saints offense have passed it more than any other team in the NFL and have the least amount of sacks. Offensive line is protecting Drew. The running backs we have are the problem.

We've surrendered the least amount of sacks because Drew gets rid of the ball quickly. It has nothing to do with how well they are protecting Drew. Many times this year hes had pressure in his face and made bad throws as a result. Hes also thrown many INT's because of pressure.

I find it hard to believe that Reggie, Stecker, and PT are all incapable of running the ball and the O-line is just fine and dandy.

Has anyone seen LT's numbers this season. He has the same O-line he had last year and he's averaging less than 4 yards a pop. Rushing is down in the NFL IMO. The passing game has taken over the league.

not buying it. I don't have the answer, but four running backs have struggled. I don't have enough insight as to why they are more successful as pass protectors, but it's been a struggle on the running game even with some pretty good o'lineman.

Fault we cannot run the ball. I hope after today people will get off of Reggies jock. It is not his fault we can not run the ball. It is the pathetic run blocking that does not allow any running back to get yards. We need to run Reggie more though. Barry Sanders could not run behind this line.

Ridiculous. Barry Sanders couldn't run behind this line, but we should run Reggie more?

One of these things is not like the other:

A) Reggie: 3.55 ypc
B) Stecker: 3.23 ypc
C) Thomas: 2.46 ypc

Know what it is?

"A" is the only one drafted #2 overall and is being paid one billion dollars.

once again, it's this attitude that makes the guy press and be even less effective. Given space and an offense in rhythm the guy can be a real play maker.

Ridiculous. Barry Sanders couldn't run behind this line, but we should run Reggie more?

One of these things is not like the other:

A) Reggie: 3.55 ypc
B) Stecker: 3.23 ypc
C) Thomas: 2.46 ypc

Know what it is?

No RB (short of Barry himself) can use their full skill set if they can't get past the line of scrimmage. We know how fast Reggie is and how good he is 5-10 yards down the field at making a guy or 2 miss. Reggie is a number 2 overall pick, but he still needs good blocking just like any other back to be successful. Its the line's job to get him the first 2-3 yards and he'll take it from there. But if hes being hit at the line or in the backfield hes not going to get going, and you can say that for just about any RB, regardless of draft position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom