It's now 2017 or bust for Saints power trio (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story - ESPN

METAIRIE, La. -- Since the start of 2014, only two NFL teams have failed to produce a winning record at any point: the Jacksonville Jaguars and the New Orleans Saints.

And the Saints (5-8) will now be lucky to finish 7-9 for the third straight season after giving their two worst offensive performances of the year in back-to-back losses to the Detroit Lions and Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

That’s the kind of mediocre track record that just got Jeff Fisher fired by the Los Angeles Rams.

I don’t think Saints coach Sean Payton or general manager Mickey Loomis will meet the same fate as Fisher at the end of this season -- and I don’t think they should just yet. I also strongly believe the Saints should hang on to quarterback Drew Brees until they find their own version of Dak Prescott to replace him.

But I think it’s now “2017 or bust” for all three of them.

The Saints have shown gradual improvement over the past two years -- extremely gradual -- after they let their talent base and locker room culture crumble in 2014 and decided that both needed a bit of a makeover.

By Mike Triplett - ESPN Staff Writer

Full Story - ESPN

More from ESPN:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom