It's now official - Davenport done for the year (1 Viewer)

Seems like we will get a good look at Carl Granderson the rest of the season, now. He looked good the one game I saw him in. We'll see.

That's the same report from last night. I think he's done for the year too but I'm going to wait for actual confirmation from someone other than NFL Network reporters who are recycling "sources" between each other.

Seems like we will get a good look at Carl Granderson the rest of the season, now. He looked good the one game I saw him in. We'll see.
I'm sure he'd be in the rotation but Hendrickson is the natural pass rushing replacement based on playing time so far this year.

I know that we are all trying to remain optimistic regarding the pass rush after the loss of Davenport, but the truth is, Davenport was double teamed a lot this year, so this allows opposing offenses to either move that protection over to Cam or have an extra back or TE involved in running or receiving the ball now. This will trickle down to our LB's and DB's. In cases where there will be an extra RB or TE to defend, this means there will be one less blitzer, run stopper or free safety. When we put Lattimore on an island it required offenses to double team either Cam or Davenport, in passing situations due to the free defender. This may not be the case anymore. We will see, but this changes a lot on D.

DA is gonna have to be a great coach. This is a challenge for sure but I do like Hendrickson and Granderson looked good that one game plus he has a motor on him. He can take it further.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom