It's offical Harrison Ford to replay his role as Han Solo (1 Viewer)

I've not heard that. In fact from the little I've seen, Lucas treatment was not very developed.

I have heard conflicting reports... but when the sale went through the predominant one I heard was that Lucas had agreed to the purchase that the screen plays for the next three films would be written by Disney but would be based upon the storyline and characters he had already envisioned and outlined. Basically Lucas was already planning for future "episodes" despite his statements to the contrary and he stipulated that his story would be used and he would have some input into its interpretation.

I believe there was some mention of this in an older thread but my searches have turned up nothing thus far and I am both lazy and working on a grad school project.

Is he going to include characters and plot points from other stories as well?

Yar, there's gonna be an entire backstory on a young storm trooper recruit who befriended the dianoga in the garbage pit and used to feed it after his shift.

Ignoring the books is easily the best choice they could make. They've been going on for years and years now and probably have their own continuity snarls.

I just hope for a whole new batch of characters. I'm dying for something original from Hollywood already. Everything else is remakes, reboots, sequels, and prequels. Or am I just gonna have to up and do it myself?

Yeah, but amongst these the Abrams Star Trek reboot stands out. I really was set to be disappointed at the retread, but found it pretty refreshing and original especially for a reboot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom