It's official A.D. to Lakers [MERGED] (1 Viewer)

The Ringer was suggesting Myles Turner for #4. I could live with that!

One potential trade partner could be Indiana. As our own Kevin O’Connor reported on Tuesday, the Pacers have discussed a trade with the Pelicans for the no. 4 pick. While no names were explicitly mentioned, there is one clear target the Pelicans should covet: Myles Turner, who last season led the league in blocks per game and attempted 2.6 3-pointers per game at a 38.8 percent clip. Pairing Zion Williamson with a floor-spacing rim protector would help cover up some of Zion’s immediate NBA-level deficiencies while also giving him wide-open lanes down low to put his tank-like body to good use.

Also on the ringer they had a pretty great article about New Orleans and it's relationships with previous franchise players:

If we were able to trade #4 and get Myles Turner that would be huge, he would be a dream match for Zion. I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.

If we were able to trade #4 and get Myles Turner that would be huge, he would be a dream match for Zion. I'd make that trade in a heartbeat.
I couldn't agree more. That is what I'm hoping happens tonight. Turner is young, on a pretty good contract and fits perfectly as a great defender and 3 point shooter, next to Zion. The offer I keep seeing being floated around is actually even better than 4 for Turner though. It's 4 and Solomon Hill for Turner and 18. If that's offered, you have to take that!

According to Woj:

#4, #57 and SOlomon hill to Atalanta
for #8, 17, 35 and Clevelands heavily protected 2020 pick

Pels made out like bandits in these deals.

Not only is Zion an instant & huge addition (along with the other later 1st round picks), but they are salting-away picks for future use, which can be leveraged for veterans and building the team the right way.

Pelicans' future looks bright, and Gentry will put together a playoff-caliber team shortly ...if not this coming season. They will certainly be competitive for years to come! :scratch:

Looking good.gif

Pels made out like bandits in these deals.

Not only is Zion an instant & huge addition (along with the other later 1st round picks), but they are salting-away picks for future use, which can be leveraged for veterans and building the team the right way.

Pelicans' future looks bright, and Gentry will put together a playoff-caliber team shortly ...if not this coming season. They will certainly be competitive for years to come! :scratch:

Looking good.gif
AND the Pelicans have $30+ million in cap space.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom