It's official A.D. to Lakers [MERGED] (3 Viewers)

Can someone explain to me what a draft deferment is and how it would benefit the Pels? I am an occasional fan and lack full understanding of how all this works.

Thanks

lets say the Pels don't like the 2022 pick, the Pels they can say nah we'll use it in 2027. It's something like that.

From the ringer

D9JtPmcXkAEen04

I'm not a huge basketball but I'm really hoping this works making them a real team!

I like the trade.

If this trade is made without the future unprotected picks it is less enjoyable, but as is, it’s fine. If we can trade #4 and Ball for a better player, consider this a solid win.

The plot thickens

Actually , that isn’t even that much of a ‘what if’, it’s entirely possible.. before the trade was announced today, i saw a clip of him playing ball for his school team; he’s got like 4 yrs. til he hits the NBA draft and the thought occurred to me that it’d be wild if he wound up playing with, or against, his dad LeBron.. not sure if that’s ever happened in NBA history.. but yeah if the Pels were to get him, that’ll rub salt in the wound for sure.

Too bad the Celtics took Tatum off the table.

I think pairing Ball with Jrue will be fantastic defensively. Ball is a good facilitator and better PG than Payton. Gentry might actually get to run this team. I'm not worried about Lavar. There are fewer cameras in NOLA and despite him being annoying, there is no such thing as bad publicity.

Still, neither Ball, nor Ingram or Hart have much in the way of outside shooting. With Zion on the way, his team needs serious upgrades at outside shooting. Maybe they trade #4 for that kind of help or maybe they take Culver or Hunter instead? Also, I think Ingram gets dealt before Ball.

The collection of draft picks is ridiculous. The Pels will be using Lakers picks after LeBron is retired. Griffen just stole the Lakers future. Jeez...

I think the sentiment that this is a three player draft is crazy. Even if we don't flip #4, DeAndre Hunter, Jarrett Culver and Darius Garland (in that order) have TONS of potential. DeAndre Hunter could turn into a Kawhi type player, dominating both ends of the floor. Jarrett Culver reminds me a lot of Jayson Tatum actually. We didn't get to see much of Garland at Vandy, but we need shooters and his stroke is pure and his range is unlimited.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom