It's official, I have a man-crush on Toby Gerhart... (1 Viewer)

DownWithDisease

Very Banned
Reaction score
I want him bad.... to be on the Saints that is. I know defense is our biggest need, but I really think Gerhart would be a great addition to our team... With Bell gone, Gerhart could fill his role, and have the upside to be much much more... If he's there in the 3rd, I want him bad... If we reached for him in the 2nd, I wouldn't be mad.

I may not love him as much as you, but if he is around in the 3rd (highly doubted it) then we HAVE to take him. Assuming of course we fulfilled two defense needs in the first two rounds.

he will cost to much...we could have kept bell cheaper. We would have to much money tied up in the back-field. Also how many touches are there for him with PT and RB back there?

he will not be there when we pick in the 3rd round.... i love would him to be on the Saints too.

Would be cool, but I also doubt that his value and availability mate up with where we select.

I don't see us trading up or down to get him in particular, and I dont think he will fall to us in the 3rd and 2nd could very well be a reach as there will probably be some great picks available for us at 64.

I think he's the real deal, but I think your man crush will go unrequited. Maybe we can pick up a lesser RB in the 4th, 6th, or 7th and make some of the hurt go away. :hihi:

I would love to have him in the B&G too! I doubt it'll happen, but that won't stop me hoping for it. hehe.

he will not be there when we pick in the 3rd round.... i love would him to be on the Saints too.

The same was said about Rashad Jennings last year and he fell all the way to the 7th.

Now I think Gerhart is a much better prospect than Jennings was but once you get out of all the top talent where teams are drafting for BPA and then start switching over to need some power back prospects could fall.

he will cost to much...we could have kept bell cheaper. We would have to much money tied up in the back-field. Also how many touches are there for him with PT and RB back there?

Cost too much? Regardless of who we draft in the 2nd or 3rd, they are going to cost relatively the same price. He is a rookie not drafted in the first round, he won't cost very much. Bell got 1.71 mill or so from the Eagles, I doubt Toby commands that much. Also, you don't just draft for one year, Reggie could easily be gone after this upcoming season. Plus, Reggie has been knicked up a lot in his career and last year all 3 backs got a solid amount of carries, so I do see him getting touches. I bet he would make a solid fullback in certain formations as well.

I want him bad.... to be on the Saints that is. I know defense is our biggest need, but I really think Gerhart would be a great addition to our team... With Bell gone, Gerhart could fill his role, and have the upside to be much much more... If he's there in the 3rd, I want him bad... If we reached for him in the 2nd, I wouldn't be mad.

I was his biggest hater. When I saw him at the combine and the man's thighs were like semi-Earl Campbell and then he ran that time. I want him on this team.
I_jizz_in_my_pants_by_HOLIMOUNT.jpg

You should only take game changers at RB in the first round. It has been proven time and time again that you can find a good RB late in the draft. Gerhart will be a good between the tackles power runner but I just do not see him breaking long runs and changing games. Get the best defensive player available and continue to upgrade the defense. Why add another weapon to an offense that was number 1 last year when you have serious holes in your defense. See Fujita, Grant and for now Sharper.

Last edited:
I completely agree, I am huge Gerhart fan. His draft position is essentially mid second round to mid third round. I really want our second round pick to go defense. If we can somehow trade for another pick in that slot, I would be ecstatic.

I think he's gonna be a stud between the tackles. I'd also love him to be a Saint. I don't think we spend our second round pick on him, but if he drops to the last pick of the third then I think it's a good chance he'd be BPA.

So what many are saying is that they had no idea who he was until he passed "the underwear test" at the combine and now they want him on the team so that they can look at him some more?

Gerhart would be a great pick up I we could get him in the 4th round or lower, and that won't happen. We have to many needs on defense plus we need to add some depth on that side as well. Picking an offensive player within the first 3 rds to me is very unlikely, but then again Sean Payton is an offensive minded guy and there could be someone in those first 3 rds he has to have. I see the Saints more than likely getting a back that goes undrafted ( Stafon Johnson-USC, Brandon Minor-Michigan,Keiland Williams-LS).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom