It's Official... Re-Build Has Begun!! (1 Viewer)

Rebuilding entails starting over from scratch. The Panthers are rebuilding. The Patriots are rebuilding. We, on the other hand, are perfecting. Our team is built to dominate for at least the next 3-4 years. In my opinion, team management has done an impeccable job preparing for life after Brees.

The rebuild happened 4-6 years ago when they shed all the knuckleheads and started building a roster with purpose.

We now have one of the youngest and best offensive lines in the league.

We have one or the best receivers in league history.

We have a talented and deep defensive line.

We have a secondary that is going to be damn good.

We have not one but two possible successors for the greatest quarterback in the history of football.

Life is good man. What are you complaining about?
Yeah I was going to say Ireland is the beginning of the rebuild

How is this post a complaint?
The OP is very much complaining about how the QB position was handled. I don’t quite understand what his complaint is or what he thinks should’ve been done differently, but that’s another topic.

The rebuild started 4+ seasons ago when we started purging the roster of players like Gallette, Byrd and biting the bullets on those contracts and then Payton resigned his 5yr deal and we started drafting guys like Thomas, Ram, Kamara, Bell, Williams, Lattimore etc....OP, your late on this one 😄

The rebuild started 4+ seasons ago when we started purging the roster of players like Gallette, Byrd and biting the bullets on those contracts and then Payton resigned his 5yr deal and we started drafting guys like Thomas, Ram, Kamara, Bell, Williams, Lattimore etc....OP, your late on this one 😄

2017 definitely shaved (at least) 1 year off the rebuild.

It started with the usual 0-2 crap...........but if the 2017 draft had been merely "pretty good" instead of "fantastic"......it's very possible we'd have been looking at 8-8 or even 7-9 yet again.

Why are we digging up a thread from 2016?

Y'all really think Michael Thomas is gonna be the saviour? Middle of the second round pick, I just don't see it. Time will tell I guess.

Unless Webster's has redefined "rebuild" to mean "win now," I think the OP does not understand how that term applies to sports teams.,

No. Not even close. We've been building for several seasons. Over that time, we've retooled the OL, DL, LB, WR, CB, S, and RB positions. Plus we have a TON of depth. We are built to win both now AND later.

In case you were not watching the rebuild began in 2016-2017. Look at this young roster. The remaining LONG term piece is QB. We MAY have addressed that today. And with the GOAT at QB today we are built to win TODAY. This is the Golden era

The OP is very much complaining about how the QB position was handled. I don’t quite understand what his complaint is or what he thinks should’ve been done differently, but that’s another topic.
I didn't perceive that he was complaining. I see it as this is his perspective. The truth is that Drew is probably gone after this year, and considering Taysom's age and lack of experience as a true QB, he probably won't receive a huge payday. The OP basically listed facts and part of his opinion.

I’m stuck at “allowing Brees to retire”... Isn’t that his decision?

Yeah, I guess I'm pretty baffled by this post as well. Who looks at what is almost universally spoken of as one of the strongest rosters top to bottom in the league and says "Rebuilding!"???

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom