Saints It's okay if Davenport struggles... (1 Viewer)

Eman5805

Soulful Voice Actor
Reaction score
Basically, if Marcus Davenport doesn't make a big impact or looks down right bad out there, it's OKAY. You can't go from dogging the man for not playing, then not take him playing a game at all as anything less than a win.

Obviously if he does well, even better. But I full expect a less than stellar game. He probably doesn't even play a heavy snap count. Probably exclusively in passing downs. Or maybe he starts. I don't know. I'm just speculating. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the fiends who refer to him as "Two 1sts" and won't root for their own player when it's not his fault for getting hurt.

I'm just happy he's not on the inactives.

Basically, if Marcus Davenport doesn't make a big impact or looks down right bad out there, it's OKAY. You can't go from dogging the man for not playing, then not take him playing a game at all as anything less than a win.

Obviously if he does well, even better. But I full expect a less than stellar game. He probably doesn't even play a heavy snap count. Probably exclusively in passing downs. Or maybe he starts. I don't know. I'm just speculating. I'm just trying to stay ahead of the fiends who refer to him as "Two 1sts" and won't root for their own player when it's not his fault for getting hurt.

Right. He didn’t choose how much we spent on him. He didn’t choose to get injured. Just root for the guy because he plays for your favorite team. That’s all. That’s me.

I dont blame players for where they were drafted, what it took to get them, or how much they were able to get paid in free agency. I root for all saints players and accept the lows with the highs and hope for highs. I've rode with players all the way till when they left... however they left.

I'm just happy to see he's active and hope he does well and that his injured days are at an end.

Whodat.

It’s Jordan we need tonight. He is playing the lowest rated RT in football. We need a big game from him and something from the inside.

I'm not expecting anything crazy. I'd even think Hendrickson will still be getting starter snaps over him till at least after the bye. I do expect him to improve the rotation. That is Davenport snaps over Granderson and Hunt snaps. I have little doubt he can make the D-line as a whole better with that improvement.

I'm not expecting anything crazy. I'd even think Hendrickson will still be getting starter snaps over him till at least after the bye. I do expect him to improve the rotation. That is Davenport snaps over Granderson and Hunt snaps. I have little doubt he can make the D-line as a whole better with that improvement.

Yeah I think Trey is playing great but Davenport does improve the rotation. I rewatched last year and noticed there were plays where Jordan, Davenport and Hendrickson were all playing at the same time. Trey was on the field quite a bit last year, almost as much as Davenport and they both played only 13 games

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom