It's Peyton (1 Viewer)

Here's the question i have. Same as i put in my thread. We don't seem to be able to get anyone other than the MT option open. We used to be able to plug and play any ok wide receiver (LM,WS) in the slot and get yardage. Now MT position is the only threat. See last week TQS has a decent game but only because he is in that position. Any other day he may have one catch for 5-10 yards. I believe Drew is the problem and no it's not his arm it's his confidence. Every down is like trying to get in the endzone from the 10. The field is small with no depth. He has read the clippings. He's not floating the ball or under throwing. Accuracy isn't great right now but he's scared to pull the trigger and you can see it.

If the defense was exhausted, blame them. They couldn’t by a stop on third or fourth down. 10 + play drives are on the defense.
You made my point. How can the defense stop anyone when they are exhausted? The offense has to do its past too so the defense can rest. Heck, not even score! Just make two or three first downs and let them rest so they can come out and make plays. 10+ plays are on the defense because, well, that’s all they can do. When did those 10+ play drives start? Yea, after the offense couldn’t get a first down for three staid possessions. I’m not arguing, I’m just playing devils advocate here. Complimentary football. That’s what we are not doing.

How about, everyone is covered in mudd. There is plenty of blame to go around.

You made my point. How can the defense stop anyone when they are exhausted? The offense has to do its past too so the defense can rest. Heck, not even score! Just make two or three first downs and let them rest so they can come out and make plays. 10+ plays are on the defense because, well, that’s all they can do. When did those 10+ play drives start? Yea, after the offense couldn’t get a first down for three staid possessions. I’m not arguing, I’m just playing devils advocate here. Complimentary football. That’s what we are not doing.
Exactly. I don't care how good a defense is, you keep putting them on the field after a while they will be too tired to do anything. The offense has to do it's part.

Exactly. I don't care how good a defense is, you keep putting them on the field after a while they will be too tired to do anything. The offense has to do it's part.
Yea and it grinds my gears when we get that desperately needed turnover the offense stalls and goes 3 and out, all passes ending in a Brees sack. Ok that’s stretching it, lol but the “all passes“ part I was serious.

Yeah.... Shawn Peyton better get his act together
He is not without some fault, whether you care to think so or not. He admitted as much after the first game, in that his play calling was awful.

Drew has been off two games in row. Everybody is blaming him for the O being subpar but that's kind of a simplistic take on what's happening. Even last Monday if we would have held onto some of those drops drops (or not gotten ticky tacked to death by the refs) it might be looking completely different.

Even if he really is washed up he's still a got enough tools to manage the game and keep us in the hunt. I think the person we should be griping about Sean Peyton. Dennis Allen too. There is plenty of blame to go around. Everyone is blaming the offense for this loss but the defense is terrible even though we're solid everywhere except safety. The defense cost us this game

Bad game management and poor preparation is on the HC. Getting away from the running game when you're totally dominating the opponent is just plain stupid. QB having a bad game? Just start throwing the ball on every play and hope it works out. It's not like running the ball effectively has ever helped a struggling QB.

The defense is pathetic and that's on Dennis Allen. But DA is Peyton's responsibility. Maybe this Covid thing has thrown a monkey wrench into the process. This team really is a fine tuned machine and the lack of a pre-season is effecting us more than other teams. Either way it's Peyton that's responsible for our poor performances.

I stopped reading after Drew has been way off which isn’t true. He’s 40+ years old, he has had no game action until the season, and yet his game against the Raiders wasn’t bad. The pick was horrible but the intended target completely stopped on the route and Drew panicked. He’s human

On the other hand the problem was possessions, not Drew. In the 2Nd half we had 3 possessions (I didn’t count the final possession as we had only 1:05 on the clock), the week before in the 2nd half we had 8 possessions.

17 meaningful points is not enough to win games. 24 points is barely enough to win games in 2020.

Was Drew the reason we didn’t score more or be more productive on O, or was it the limited possessions?

We held the ball against the Raiders for 3/4 less than we did against the Bucs. We had 4 and really 5 less possessions bc I don’t like to count the final possession when we got it with 1:05.

We had almost the same amount of possessions in the 2nd half against the Bucs (8) as we did the whole game against the Raiders (9).

We only had the ball 23:42 against Oakland and had it 31:23 against the Bucs

9 possessions isn’t enough, 8 meaningful possessions will not get it done 99% of the time.

The best way to get a lot of responses to a thread is to misspell something. You'll get three pages of jerk offs ridiculing you but not adding to the discussion.

Yeah I called you jerk offs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom