It's snowing here right now (1 Viewer)

keepoursaints

I hate American Airlines
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Where exactly is Caddo parish?

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We had light snow/snow pellets for a few hours today. Nothing to get excited about.

vegas

Reaction score
Send the snow Houston way. My Grandkids would be thrilled to see snow.

DavidM

Admin Emeritus
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Hasn't snowed here in years. That is all.

The New Year's Eve snow -- in what 2000/2001? -- was the last substantial snow I recall in the area. Indy Bowl was that night. Quite a sight.

I remember several decent snowfalls growing up in the area and susbsequent snow days from school. And one particular snowfall followed by sleet or freezing rain. I remember looking out the window, seeing all that snow, and hurriedly getting ready to go play only to discover it was hard as a rock. So sliding around on the ice replaced snowball fights, etc.

OP
Thorin

Thorin

Idle
Reaction score
The New Year's Eve snow -- in what 2000/2001? -- was the last substantial snow I recall in the area. Indy Bowl was that night.
Precisely, that was the one. :9:

It's not gonna stick today like it did that night, it's already stopped in fact.

TheMike62987

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Nothing beats the Christmas Day snow in New Orleans and surrounding parrishes in 2004. I mean, waking up on Christmas day and it's snowing outside! How awesome is that?

OP
Thorin

Thorin

Idle
Reaction score
Nothing beats the Christmas Day snow in New Orleans and surrounding parrishes in 2004. I mean, waking up on Christmas day and it's snowing outside! How awesome is that?
Yeah, someone posted pics of that recently. It looked so strange seeing Canal covered in snow.

RiverCitySaint

Nerf herder
Reaction score
I was stuck in La Place for about 6 hours because of that....yeah, I was on my way to the game the next day.
Good times, good times !

LSU_3

Reaction score
its still snowing in Natchez, Mississippi. Woke up my son so that he could see it for the first time.

Peet

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It's snowing now in Evangeline Parish. The Ville Platte area about 20 miles north of Opelousas.

GTRSaint

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The New Year's Eve snow -- in what 2000/2001? -- was the last substantial snow I recall in the area. Indy Bowl was that night. Quite a sight.

I remember several decent snowfalls growing up in the area and susbsequent snow days from school. And one particular snowfall followed by sleet or freezing rain. I remember looking out the window, seeing all that snow, and hurriedly getting ready to go play only to discover it was hard as a rock. So sliding around on the ice replaced snowball fights, etc.
The infamous Snow Bowl as they refer to it here (because before this year it was the last time MSU had a winning record). Dec 31, 2000. Mississippi State beat Texas A & M in 43-41 in overtime.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom