It's Taysom Time! Hill starting at QB Thursday. (1 Viewer)

Hey buddy you have a lot of comments that align you with those....
This is your first mistake. You see anyone that criticizes Winston as all being the same, thinking the same and saying the same thing. In all of those posts of Winston, I never once said anything remotely close to Winston having a interception problem, or problem of any kind, that "made him a crappy QB that had no business in a CSP offense."

I openly admitted that I was critical of Winston and had my reservations about him, so all of my posts that you just quoted show what I already openly admitted to.
... that criticize Winston for the same things you give Hill a pass for ...
This is your second mistake. Please quote where I allegedly gave "Hill a pass" for anything. I've said Hill made what seemed to be bad decisions and throws. How does that equate to me giving him a pass?

I suspect that what you are mistakenly reading as me giving Hill a pass is me stating that his interceptions in last nights game don't prove if he will or won't improve as a QB. I said essentially the same thing about Winston when criticizing him. I said that I don't know if Winston will or won't work out long term as the Saints starting QB. Those are actually consistent.

I haven't made any excuses or given any passes for Hill's play last night, I just I clearly and simply said I don't know if he'll improve or not.

The whole thing about people on here giving anyone a "pass" is comical to me. None of what we say or think has any influence over any of the coaches decisions. All we can do is offer our opinions in the form of explanations and/or excuses depending on individual perspective and bias, but none of us have any influence over the coaches decisions. None of us here can give anyone a "pass."

Total Yards - NO: 405 DAL: 377
Time of Possession - NO: 31:54 DAL: 28:06
3rd Down Conversions- NO: 5/14 DAL: 2/13
Passing Yards- NO: 252 DAL: 231
Rushing Yards: NO: 153 DAL: 146

Picks and penalties did us in. Defense did it's job minus Williams trying to mentally tackle Pollard.

We could have won that game with what we had fielded.

Dallas fans should be concerned. They don't beat healthy teams. One and done. Bet.

Flexibility at several positions (it’s why people call him the Swiss Army Knife).
My point has always been, that Taysom was a special player as the Joker. He showed a lot of that Thursday night (100yds rushing.) He also showed, he isn't a special QB Thursday night (4INTs.) He is 31yr old running QB turnover machine. There is no way around that premise. Taysom seems to be the only QB on the roster who hasn't learned to curb turnovers. Taysom avg. 2.4 turnovers a game. What I can't understand is if he is a 100yd runner, why does he have to do it from the QB position?

For all the bashing of the WRs, there were guys open on the field last tonight. Hill was consistently late delivering the ball, and that’s when he even saw them, which is the deficiency that we’ve all seen his entire time at QB.

There were even multiple completions where the WR had to make a great, diving catch because the throw was so late and off.
There were often guys open with Winston as well. It is easy to criticize both the QB and WR play, however, not knowing what each are supposed to be doing in particular situations often matters when the fans just see an open reciever and/or bad pass. Sometimes you'll get that kind of commentary from a Romo or Aikman where they'll point out that the QB was probably expecting the WR to do something based on the coverage, but that's a nuance that's often lost on the average fan.

My point has always been, that Taysom was a special player as the Joker. He showed a lot of that Thursday night (100yds rushing.) He also showed, he isn't a special QB Thursday night (4INTs.) He is 31yr old running QB turnover machine. There is no way around that premise. Taysom seems to be the only QB on the roster who hasn't learned to curb turnovers. Taysom avg. 2.4 turnovers a game. What I can't understand is if he is a 100yd runner, why does he have to do it from the QB position?
Because part of what makes him an effective runner is the uncertainty of whether he is going to pass or run and with the direct snap, the quickness in which that decision can be made. It puts the defense behind the clock and forces them to commit one way or the other.

You seem to be singing a different tune here. I think Taysom did a few good things last night and more bad things. My opinion of him has not changed and hopefully he can at least get his finger healed up and maybe Saints can win some games against the scrub teams we have left.

What is ridiculous though is how you and lots of your friends have spent the last year and a half telling us all how Jameis Winston’s INTERCEPTION problem made him a crappy QB that had no business in a CSP offense.

Jameis even got criticized for throwing jump ball TD passes to tightly covered receivers, but now that Taysom’s QBing you say:

“The interceptions and near interceptions don’t prove anything one way or another”

😛😛😢🤣🥲

You funny with those double standards there Brutha!!

That's just the way the world is now, sadly.
Hey buddy you have a lot of comments that align you with those that criticize Winston for the same things you give Hill a pass for and lots of other negativity that fits into that same vein. Here are just a few I found without going too far down memory lane:

There are a lot more. I am not piling onto you, just pointing out that you and others are giving Hill a pass for things that got Winston crucified, including excusing low completion percentage, turnovers, and bad decisions in a loss with Hill at QB vs criticizing Winston for low completion percentage, turnovers, bad decisions, etc. in wins.

This is savage.

There were often guys open with Winston as well. It is easy to criticize both the QB and WR play, however, not knowing what each are supposed to be doing in particular situations often matters when the fans just see an open reciever and/or bad pass. Sometimes you'll get that kind of commentary from a Romo or Aikman where they'll point out that the QB was probably expecting the WR to do something based on the coverage, but that's a nuance that's often lost on the average fan.
There was maybe one play in the Dallas game where a WR was obviously out of position, and ironically, it was when Taysom forced the ball through the hands of two defenders to hit Nick Varnett for a completion.

Being consistently late on your throws is not about not knowing where the WR is supposed to be. It’s about being consistently late on your throws. Taysom has, his entire time at QB, had that issue. It’s not going away, including that stupid hitch step he does.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom