It's Taysom Time! Hill starting at QB Thursday. (1 Viewer)

The fact you took that literally shows me you will indeed do something strange for change lol Good avatar
Well in my defense, I jokingly said that because I thought he was using Bi-centennially as an "otherhand" for 50...like how some people interpret bi-weekly as 2x a week as opposed to every 2 weeks.

Well in my defense, I jokingly said that because I thought he was using Bi-centennially as an "otherhand" for 50...like how some people interpret bi-weekly as 2x a week as opposed to every 2 weeks.
Lol I responded jokingly as well, I owe you some change

It's called delusion
It's called an opinion...I simply mean:

I enjoyed watching the ball move down the field in some capacity more so than watching TS play last few game generating very little movement in yards of the football.

You're welcome to disagree, but cut out the trash talking.

It's called an opinion...I simply mean:

I enjoyed watching the ball move down the field in some capacity more so than watching TS play last few game generating very little movement in yards of the football.

You're welcome to disagree, but cut out the trash talking and insults...where is the mod on this?
I believe his stats were worse than his play. He played well, the stats just didn’t show that .

From my vantage point in the seats, I think Drew would have had 3-4 touchdowns today. Sometimes there were guys running WIDE open, and Taysom was consistently late with the ball, and behind the receiver.
And that has been his issue since day 1....here we are 4 years into this experiment and that still hasn't gotten better.

I'm really not trying to pile on the guy, but there was no point in tonight's game in which he "shut anyone up".

High energy, made some nice throws, made some exciting runs..... But also made sure to take a drive-killing sack, and although he had no fumbles, he had extra interceptions to make up for them...... most of them being due to poor decision-making.

That's not shutting anyone up, that's pretty much what we've seen from him in the past. It just wasn't as noticeable to some last year, because they really put stock into 3-1, despite the three wins coming over a garbage Atlanta team twice and Denver with their practice squad WR starting at QB.
Great post.
From my vantage point in the seats, I think Drew would have had 3-4 touchdowns today. Sometimes there were guys running WIDE open, and Taysom was consistently late with the ball, and behind the receiver.
Exactly.
And that has been his issue since day 1....here we are 4 years into this experiment and that still hasn't gotten better.
He’s just not a good QB. We don’t have one on the roster. (Healthy)

I believe his stats were worse than his play. He played well, the stats just didn’t show that .
I think his play swung between feast and famine. He made what looked like some really good decisions and throws, but he also made what looked like some bad decisions and throws. Only the coaches have an accurate gauge of how he actually graded out passing.

The interceptions and near interceptions don't prove anything one way or another about Hill's future potential as a QB.

Can't believe I have to lead with this before I say the next thing, but sadly this is where we are on this forum. I'm in no way saying, or arguing, or do I have any opinion that Hill is a future hall of fame QB.

Most QB's, including current and future hall of fame QB's have had games in which they threw 4 or more interceptions. It comes with the territory. Hill throwing 4 picks and almost a few others doesn't indicate one way or another any potential or lack of potential for his improvement.

Hill will either improve or not improve if given more opportunities. No one here or anywhere else in the universe knows if he will improve or not. We may have opinions, but none of us, including the coaching staff, actually know at this point if Hill will improve or not.

I hope Hill gets more chances as a QB and improves enough to be a successful starting QB for the Saints. No one knows right now if he will or he won't do that.

If he does, he does and it will have nothing to do with what I want, believe, or said. If he doesn't, it will have nothing to do with what I want, believe, or said. What's going to happen is going to happen regardless of what I want, believe, or say. So, I'm just going to sit back and watch whatever will be as it be. It makes watching the games and following the Saints a lot more enjoyable.

For all the bashing of the WRs, there were guys open on the field last tonight. Hill was consistently late delivering the ball, and that’s when he even saw them, which is the deficiency that we’ve all seen his entire time at QB.

There were even multiple completions where the WR had to make a great, diving catch because the throw was so late and off.

Book's pre-draft scouting below average NFL arm strength.
I think Book was dinked in draft like many other QBs, because he was 6ft and only fits in a west coast scheme. He played a whole half a pre season game against the Ravens. If his arm strength was in question it would have been smoked out there. If you don't have the arm strength to make all the throws in our system..................you get exposed. And cut.

Theory time, it's because Sean isn't all that invested in TH's success. It's like your kids, the moment you stop yelling at them is the moment you've given up on them. Sean's coaching of JW was out of desire to get the most out of him...I even think at some point JW said that he wanted to be coached hard.
I remember reading something where Bobby Knight's former players at Indiana said they put up with Knight endlessly screaming at them b/c they said he only did that with the players he thought had potential/were worth his time (he's an extreme case, but I think the insight could apply here).

That ball shouldn't have been thrown. Every single interception was ugly.
Even if I were to be kind and forgive him for the one where his arm got hit as he was throwing, I'd say it balances out when you look at the horrible across-the-body, across-the-field throw on the 1st possession that should have been an INT (and if the LB picks it, it could've been a pick six). And that wasn't the only almost-INT Taysom threw, just the most glaring one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom