It's Taysom Time! Hill starting at QB Thursday. (1 Viewer)

I don't wanna hear any excuses after the game tomorrow if he doesn't play well. Keep the same energy that many of yall kept for Jameis and Trevor. No Mike T. Maybe no AK. And the added incentive of winning the starting job and accessing that $95 Million contract. Ball is in your court, Taysom.
That’s going to be interesting… seeing all the “fans” that hate Taysom before he even starts a game this season’s reaction if he fails or succeeds.

I know the script… if he does well enough to win… it’ll be because of COVID or the defense, or any number of “other” things..

…if he fails, they’ll say “I told you so”.

If this was a movie… I’d wait until it came on TBS.

That’s going to be interesting… seeing all the “fans” that hate Taysom before he even starts a game this season’s reaction if he fails or succeeds.

I know the script… if he does well enough to win… it’ll be because of COVID or the defense, or any number of “other” things..

*Sad But True*

You're literally making this narrative up. I haven't seen anyone on this board that hates Taysom. There are plenty that doubt his ability to be a good quarterback in this league, myself included, but if he steps on the field I'm rooting for him to be great. He's one of the most likeable guys on the team and easy to root for. Stop with the nonsense.

I’m not a huge Taysom believer, and I don’t think he’s the answer at quarterback. But, that being said nothing would make me happier than for him to go out and prove me wrong and blow the cowboys away. Maybe this is his time.

I'm happy, but I don't want to see him try to truck a DB or LB when he takes off running.
…But I’ve seen him do just that and deliver a crushing hit on his way to a big play that ignites the entire team!

He just needs to play his game! Free and loose, and do what he does… if he does well and holds up, repeat…

…if not, he’s just not “the guy” and he still has a role to help this team as an offensive weapon.

…But I’ve seen him do just that and deliver a crushing hit on his way to a big play that ignites the entire team!

He just needs to play his game! Free and loose, and do what he does… if he does well and holds up, repeat…

…if not, he’s just not “the guy” and he still has a role to help this team as an offensive weapon.

I get it, but I'm concerned about the recent concussion he had. Once you've had one, it's easier to get another one in short order.

You're literally making this narrative up. I haven't seen anyone on this board that hates Taysom. There are plenty that doubt his ability to be a good quarterback in this league, myself included, but if he steps on the field I'm rooting for him to be great. He's one of the most likeable guys on the team and easy to root for. Stop with the nonsense.
Nobody’s explicitly stated “I hate Taysom Hill”… but read more posts dude!
There’s clearly a group that does nothing but talk trash about Taysom, as nothing more than a fumble-prone gimmick player… If you’re saying you haven’t seen it, then we’re not reading the same threads/posts.

He's not making it up. Every day people say stuff like "Taysom will never be a starting QB in this league. When people make bold claims like that, they would rather be right, than their favorite team to win. It's pretty sad. Surely you know people like this exist?

You know it doesn't take a whole lot of effort to go back and see posts from some of the same "fans" that are absolutely giddy to see TH7 start who hate Winston follow that script you are referring to. When Winston threw 5 TD's against Green Bay they were saying "the defense won that game and he played with a short field." Those TH7 fans were critical of Winston whether he played well or not and when he did make a mistake, they were absolutely giddy about being able to say "this is the Winston I know" and other comments.

No one likes being wrong about their opinion and few have the self confidence and intestinal fortitude to admit they were wrong or mistaken. We're still waiting on some who were P'Oed that Payton had the audacity to name Winston the starter as if he somehow knew better about who was the best player for the starting job.

So I hope you had that same interest about seeing all the "fans" that hate JW2 that you now do about TH7. It is simply fascinating to see such selective memory or convenient amnesia on display.

Nobody’s explicitly stated “I hate Taysom Hill”… but read more posts dude!
There’s clearly a group that does nothing but talk trash about Taysom, as nothing more than a fumble-prone gimmick player… If you’re saying you haven’t seen it, then we’re not reading the same threads/posts.
That’s the problem… too many people conflate “I don’t think he’s a good QB” with hate. They actually get offend when people aren’t impressed.

He’s one of my favorite players on the team but I don’t think he’s a good QB… that’s not “hate” that’s just watching all 22

Having said that, I’m excited to see Hill under center 2moro.

Last edited:
He's not making it up. Every day people say stuff like "Taysom will never be a starting QB in this league. When people make bold claims like that, they would rather be right, than their favorite team to win. It's pretty sad. Surely you know people like this exist?
That simply a false statement. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. I like being right but am man enough to admit when I'm wrong rather than doubling down on an opinion or taking my ball and going home.

I am on record with my belief that TH7 is NOT an NFL caliber starting QB because he can't read defenses, holds on to the ball way too long, only sees half of the field, has a horrible deep ball and turns the ball over. I believe there is a reason he was undrafted and waived by the team he signed with. Even with all of that, I acknowledge his value as an all-around football player and offensive weapon. No one here has ever denied that.

Now that he's at the helm, I want to see him succeed in the same way I wanted TS to succeed. I want to the Saints to win and I'm not going to turn my back on the team just because he's starting like some other people did when he didn't get the start. I know I'm not the only one who feels like that. And frankly, it's the TH7 "fans" that are the ones who would be good with a loss as long as they could say I told you so. It's already been demonstrated.

What dude? How does not thinking that he'll be a starting QB in this league translate into hating him?

I do not think Taysom will be a starting QB in this league.
I like Taysom Hill.
I'm rooting for the Saints every time that they step on the field regardless of who is taking snaps at quarterback.

See how that works?

I don’t know if he can lead us to a win, but I do know he will bring an energy that we have been lacking with Siemian and that alone will make this an exciting game.
I agree. It’s clear that our extremely young offense needs a leader. That’s why they took so well to Jameis. TS is not that guy

The sad thing is that Taysom still has a bum wheel. His ability to run through defenders is what gives him a chance to shine.
But this situation is like hiring a blind proofreader. Hill can't win just throwing the ball. :covri: That won't happen. 😢

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom