It's Taysom Time! Hill starting at QB Thursday. (1 Viewer)

Nobody’s explicitly stated “I hate Taysom Hill”… but read more posts dude!
There’s clearly a group that does nothing but talk trash about Taysom, as nothing more than a fumble-prone gimmick player… If you’re saying you haven’t seen it, then we’re not reading the same threads/posts.

Not believing that he's a capable starting quarterback in this league doesn't translate into hating him. Once again, you're making things up.

That simply a false statement. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. I like being right but am man enough to admit when I'm wrong rather than doubling down on an opinion or taking my ball and going home.

I am on record with my belief that TH7 is NOT an NFL caliber starting QB because he can't read defenses, holds on to the ball way too long, only sees half of the field, has a horrible deep ball and turns the ball over. I believe there is a reason he was undrafted and waived by the team he signed with. Even with all of that, I acknowledge his value as an all-around football player and offensive weapon. No one here has ever denied that.

Now that he's at the helm, I want to see him succeed in the same way I wanted TS to succeed. I want to the Saints to win and I'm not going to turn my back on the team just because he's starting like some other people did when he didn't get the start. I know I'm not the only one who feels like that. And frankly, it's the TH7 "fans" that are the ones who would be good with a loss as long as they could say I told you so. It's already been demonstrated.
What are your thoughts on Lamar Jackson? Those things you described about TH7 pretty much describes Lamar.

So, the rules of engagement are:

Those who find excuses for all other QB's (it's the play calling, the o-line is awful, no WR's, starters missing, etc etc) must use the same excuses for Taysom.

Those who blame everything on Winston/Siemian, must blame everything on Taysom.

... and I feel fiiiiiiiiiiine. :hihi:

Nobody’s explicitly stated “I hate Taysom Hill”… but read more posts dude!
There’s clearly a group that does nothing but talk trash about Taysom, as nothing more than a fumble-prone gimmick player… If you’re saying you haven’t seen it, then we’re not reading the same threads/posts.
You were one of the few posters that gave an upfront opinion on Jameis, so I never viewed you as being clearly biased. In my view, a lot of the board has broken into factions regarding the team's next QB and very few people offer objective assessments whether they were rooting for Hill or Winston. You have those camps as well as the"none of the above" folks. They say let's find a way to draft a new QB (you can throw Book in this group as well) or go after an established free agent like Rogers or Wilson.
Unfortunately, it seems like some posters adopted a zero-sum opinion where there was no room for progression. So even after Jameis was named starter you still had a lot of posters who had already made up their mind that this was not going to work. I suspect regardless of what happens tomorrow with Hill, we will witness a similar conversation. If we win this critics will point to the defense or special teams but if we lose it will be "I told you so". Some of this is personal bias and some of it was the Huge shadow of excellence that was Drew Brees. Nevertheless, we'll see what happens in this crazy season. I do think if we drop to a point where we're out of the playoffs, Sean will give Book a chance.

That simply a false statement. Those two things are not mutually exclusive. I like being right but am man enough to admit when I'm wrong rather than doubling down on an opinion or taking my ball and going home.

I am on record with my belief that TH7 is NOT an NFL caliber starting QB because he can't read defenses, holds on to the ball way too long, only sees half of the field, has a horrible deep ball and turns the ball over. I believe there is a reason he was undrafted and waived by the team he signed with. Even with all of that, I acknowledge his value as an all-around football player and offensive weapon. No one here has ever denied that.

Now that he's at the helm, I want to see him succeed in the same way I wanted TS to succeed. I want to the Saints to win and I'm not going to turn my back on the team just because he's starting like some other people did when he didn't get the start. I know I'm not the only one who feels like that. And frankly, it's the TH7 "fans" that are the ones who would be good with a loss as long as they could say I told you so. It's already been demonstrated.
You missed the point. Many, many people cannot admit they are wrong, and they pull for whatever has to happen so they are not forced to "eat crow".
It's pretty typical the people that make the boldest claims are the ones who cannot admit they are wrong. The classic... "Taysom hill will never be starting qb in this league"

They speak in absolutes. They talk like they have a crystal ball. They don't give opinions, they tell you its "facts".

This is not directed at you by the way. You seem to have an opinion, and are ready to admit it as being wrong, instead of digging your heels in. But not everyone is like that.

Unless someone was on the "let's see what Ian Book has to offer" train.........it's pretty much the only move that makes sense, in this circumstance.
He's the only one left not to get a chance if Hill falters so we are right on schedule on the "let's see what Ian Book has to offer" train.

Im excited about this. Dont know if Saints win but the game will be a better watch. With Taysom you can say at the least he has command of the huddle.
Only thing different is that Hill will have better players around him. I hope the Saints win, as I always do, but not because of Hill. It would be because he’s better protected, given more time by the line, and have a few more skilled players on offense than Semien had the last two games.

Last edited:
Taysom started what 4 games last season at QB, did ok. If his play at QB is better than what Seimian had to offer in these last 4 games then we have a chance 2morrow. Taysom has a stronger arm and is much more mobile. Attack Vander Esch in coverage with TE and RB and we'll be fine.

You missed the point. Many, many people cannot admit they are wrong, and they pull for whatever has to happen so they are not forced to "eat crow".
It's pretty typical the people that make the boldest claims are the ones who cannot admit they are wrong. The classic... "Taysom hill will never be starting qb in this league"

They speak in absolutes. They talk like they have a crystal ball. They don't give opinions, they tell you its "facts".

This is not directed at you by the way. You seem to have an opinion, and are ready to admit it as being wrong, instead of digging your heels in. But not everyone is like that.
Respectfully, I believe that you are mistaken. I didn't miss the point on the topic I to which I was responding. It's my opinion that outside of coming in for an injured starter, TH7 will not be a starting QB in the NFL. Many people believe that as well and it's an opinion based on observation of TH7 while playing the QB position. And many of the people who share that belief, IMO, would admit that they were wrong should he go on to win a starting job outright for some team in the league. Show me a team that Hill could go to and beat out their current starter. I don't think it's possible if you're being honest.

We're not GM's and don't get paid. We know as much as the next guy. Just because the people who share that belief do so strongly, with good reason, doesn't mean that we would rather see TH7 struggle and the team lose just to be right. I find that notion laughable.

I'm guessing you don't remember the "Taysom should request a trade" threads when Winston was named the starter. People get enamored with a player that works hard and battles against the odds to have success. I'm sure that there were Guido Merkins fans back in the day when he was a WR/QB. They just didn't have the internet back then.

I think there are more people who can easily admit they were wrong if they need to. I think there are very few true Saints fans who would rather lose than be wrong. I may be wrong but I also believe the people who keep making statement to that end are more likely than not, TH7 fans.

That’s going to be interesting… seeing all the “fans” that hate Taysom before he even starts a game this season’s reaction if he fails or succeeds.

I know the script… if he does well enough to win… it’ll be because of COVID or the defense, or any number of “other” things..

…if he fails, they’ll say “I told you so”.

If this was a movie… I’d wait until it came on TBS.
Do people really hate Hill? I for one don’t think he will ever be a long term starting QB in the NFL, and I know he didn’t do enough to win the job in camp. However, I love Hill the football player. Not sure why anyone would hate Hill. Maybe dislike the idea of him being more than a backup QB, but I doubt anyone hates Hill or what he brings to multiple positions as a football player.

Looking forward to see what Hill can bring to the table. I hope he can buy us a few wins. He is the guy under center so, go Taysom!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom