It's that time of year again! (Hurricane Season Thread) (1 Viewer)

Looks like the Yucatan is stone-walling the storm pretty good. I'll regain some strength over the gulf, but it's taking a pretty big beating since it wasn't very organized before it headed over land.

GFS is shifting west again:
aal92_2013081506_track_gfs.png

Indeed, though I was hoping it would go toward Texas since it didn't look like it was going to strengthen too much. Are you guys still experiencing a drought over there?

Here in the OKC we are just about 22" over normal rainfall for this time of year and potentially headed to a new record for the year. Still could use some more out west in the state but we are good here. Have only hit 100* 3 times this summer. Everything is green. It's crazy.

The good news is we probably will not have an active wildfire season this year.

Looks like it is getting better organized..??..

avn_lalo-animated.gif

Laura Bectel this morning said that there is a model that has been consistent with a track to the La/Ms coast. Not sure which model she was referring to though.

And I found the below on Weather Underground. Not sure what it means though.

at201392_ensmodel.gif

Nothing upsets the wife more then when I switch the house to generator power every 3 months to load the generator. I still can't figure out why. Everything still runs but somehow it interrupts her day.

You guys must be bored......:hihi:

40mph sustained winds offshore for the last 2hrs...In my book, thats a clear Tropical Depression.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom