It's time for Courtney Roby to step up on Kick Return (1 Viewer)

STHornet

THE YOUNG PRESIDENT
Reaction score
I have notice he has been struggling lately. He is a good KR, but we need him to get us better field position this week. It will be nice to see him give us a big return this week against the Bengals.

I would place more blame on the kickoff return blocking team. Roby simply has nowhere to go. He hits what holes he has hard and with a lot of speed but there's just not enough space for him to squeeze through and get to that second level where he can be more elusive and show off his speed.

why the high expectation from C.Roby all the sudden? he is a good player but certainly not devin hester.

why the high expectation from C.Roby all the sudden? he is a good player but certainly not devin hester.

He's not Devin Hester but he is a great kick returner. The team is definitely not taking advantage of his skills as a kick returner. I'm thinking that some of these season ending injuries to the backup players are effecting the teams special teams play.

He's not Devin Hester but he is a great kick returner. The team is definitely not taking advantage of his skills as a kick returner. I'm thinking that some of these season ending injuries to the backup players are effecting the teams special teams play.

I don't know about great, but that's subjective. He's good for the money and his status on the team. He doesn't fumble it away.

Seems to always jump up and slap the ball like he almost broke one. Would be interested in knowing what our kickout return average is, seems to be about the 23-26 yard line.

Seems to have sure hands but I wouldn't hold my breath for a kickoff return for a touchdowns.

I don't know about great, but that's subjective. He's good for the money and his status on the team. He doesn't fumble it away.

I know great was a questionable word to use but I thought it out well and feel like he's better than good. Maybe "very good" would be more fitting. I just feel like the blocking for him is lacking and therefore Roby doesn't often get the chance to get to that second level. But then again, I'm not a professional NFL film analyst. :hihi:

Well he wass visibly frustrated last game with Buehler(sp?) not giving him a chance to return one.

The dude has been having to field kickoffs 5 to 8 yards deep a lot lately.

Hard to be productive when you have to take a knee much of the time.

At least he catches it, unlike some other highly paid kick returners on the team.

it seems that teams have been kicking them deep into the end zone against us for some reason...that dallas kicker only had 7 touchbacks all year, yet it seemed that most of his kicks against bus were touchbacks,,,weird

It seems lately like every kicker but ours puts the ball deep into the endzone for touchbacks on a regular basis.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom