It's time for the Saints to trade for Ronald Leary!!! (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
No one on this board can deny that the Saints not at least using a late round pick on La'el Collins was a huge mistake. He would have solidified this offensive line and made it a force to be reckoned with. I hope the team doesn't make a 2nd mistake and let this opportunity pass them by. Leary is available and from what I hear would like to come here. He's from Baton Rouge and is only 27 years old. I know the guy isn't a world beater but he's definitely better that Peat and Lelito. I don't know what the Cowboys want for him but I don't think they should want more than a 4th or 5th rounder. If I'm wrong then maybe you pass but if I'm right then this deal needs to be made RIGHT NOW!!! Bring in Leary and let Landon Turner have an opportunity and maybe this crisis going into the 2016 season can be averted. Peat might even florish in the old "64 is eligible role" MAKE IT HAPPEN LOOMIS!!!!!!!

LoE

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Disagree.

Leary is rated same as Jahri Evans. I know Lelito is a liability, needs fixing. Disagree Leary is that answer.

barristerboy

Veteran
Reaction score
its been time brother. gonna be hard to win "A" game this year with the [mode edit - :nono: Please do not insult Saints players] we have playing guard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I was thinking about that last night. But haven't researched to answer questions like if Leary is actually still physically worthy of a trade? How do we fit him under the cap? What are the Cowboys asking in return for him?

I also thought the team looked and played tired. Not ready to give up on the OL yet, but we could use an infusion of veteran talent at Guard.

I know that Peat played at Stanford, but as brilliant as he might be, moving from LG to RG to LT, etc. during a game has to create some confusion. I would like to see how he does playing an entire game at one position in the next contest.

Surviving Saint

NFL Fan
Reaction score
I don't see the light suddenly coming on for the Guard position but I want to see what this team plans to do about it. If they feel comfortable rolling with the turnstiles we have then the Oakland game should be better measure of what we are about to see. If this will be the norm all season we will be lucky to win 5 games.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe cutting Lewis was a precursor to trading and extending Leary? (Cap space needed)

Or perhaps there is someone else in mind?

SuperSaint

Trek expert & WoW junkie
Reaction score
Clowney is a trending topic on Twitter due of his demolition of our line.

Whatever they're going to do needs to happen soon, three weeks and counting until real bullets.

Hotdog_Skin

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
No one on this board can deny that the Saints not at least using a late round pick on La'el Collins was a huge mistake. He would have solidified this offensive line and made it a force to be reckoned with. I hope the team doesn't make a 2nd mistake and let this opportunity pass them by. Leary is available and from what I hear would like to come here. He's from Baton Rouge and is only 27 years old. I know the guy isn't a world beater but he's definitely better that Peat and Lelito. I don't know what the Cowboys want for him but I don't think they should want more than a 4th or 5th rounder. If I'm wrong then maybe you pass but if I'm right then this deal needs to be made RIGHT NOW!!! Bring in Leary and let Landon Turner have an opportunity and maybe this crisis going into the 2016 season can be averted. Peat might even florish in the old "64 is eligible role" MAKE IT HAPPEN LOOMIS!!!!!!!
Why are people incapable of understanding what actually happened with Lael.

WE COULD NOT HAVE DRAFTED HIM LATE
WE COULD NOT HAVE SIGNED HIM AS AN UDFA

Payton has addressed this in the past. We called him. He chose to go elsewhere. We did not make a mistake. We had no options other than drafting him in the 1st or second round.

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Kind of false ^ if they used the 3Rd pick on him instead of on a backup QB, they could have. In that case Collins would either go with it or have to sit out a year. But as someone famous once Said: hindsight is 50/50 :ezbill:
Anyways, the guard position has been awful for 2 (looking like 3 now) seasons. Last year Drew almost had a terrible injury getting mauled behind that patchwork, this year could be worse

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Worth noting that Leary played his high school ball in Baton Rouge, so I'm sure he'd be happy to come back home. Could be a good marriage.

SAINTSFAN

Contributor
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why are people incapable of understanding what actually happened with Lael.

WE COULD NOT HAVE DRAFTED HIM LATE
WE COULD NOT HAVE SIGNED HIM AS AN UDFA

Payton has addressed this in the past. We called him. He chose to go elsewhere. We did not make a mistake. We had no options other than drafting him in the 1st or second round.
Could have and should have used a late round pick on him. Threats to hold out where obviously idle threats as the contract he had to settle for was no better. A guard is not going to recover financially by sitting out a year. If Mike D is correct, he said Collins' agent told him that Saints has meeting set up with Collins but were late to the table. I find that a bit hard to believe if he truly wanted to play for Saints (as Mike claims).

Nightshade

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Leary would fit as good as Lelito does here anything given would be a waste. Leary is a good run blocker but he was terrible on pass blocking in a scheme that fits him. Imaginge how he'll be here in a system that doesn't fit......

SoggyBottomBoy

I'm with you fellers.
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Disagree.

Leary is rated same as Jahri Evans. I know Lelito is a liability, needs fixing. Disagree Leary is that answer.
Yeah. We're (the fan base) are in panic mode and from what we saw, it looks justifiable. But I don't think Leary is the magic pill to fix our woes. If he gets cut, then approach him, but don't give anything up for him.

The slight glimmer of hope I have is that someone will step up, like Jahri did last season. He was putrid in preseason, but settled in and was okay. Not great but not a liability.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Continued disappointment for fans, businesses after another no-fans Saints home game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints are not utilizing crowd noise to their advantage Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Andrus Updated Saints practice squad after signing cornerback Ken Crawley SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus By the Numbers: Packers vs. Saints in Week 3 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Forecast: The Saints offense is not what has me worried SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Lattimore Saints Saints early injury look for Week 4 vs Lions Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Payton responds to criticism of defense, Brees after Saints loss to Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
DerrickB Two-Part Question about Carson Wentz with tie-in to the Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saints trail in NFC South for first time more than 2 years; Week 3 roundup and what's next Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Overreactions from the Saints Week 3 game against the Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' snap counts: A look at wide receivers, offensive line, general defensive usage in loss to Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
OutlawSaint Last night I almost quit watching the NFL and I guess Saints since they are part of it. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 39
Saints' Andrus Peat initially diagnosed with high-ankle injury: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints signing veteran cornerback Ken Crawley to the practice squad: report Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Beignets and Café au Lait: Penalties, Turnover Doom Saints Against Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Covington Saint Saints can be an upward trending team as season progresses Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 19
Saints continue to make limited use of Taysom Hill Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Buhbooh Saints defense has forced 1 punt in 17 possessions Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 47
Andrus Week 3 Saints snap counts and observations SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus 3 Takeaways From Saints Loss to the Packers SR News Page Articles 0
Barnwell: Time to worry about Drew Brees and the Saints? What I've seen in a 1-2 start Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Which QB gives the Saints the best chance to win the game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 16
Saints Week 3: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 28: Saints running back had a big game in loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton: 2 straight losses a 'gut check' for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints defense looking for answers after allowing 37 points to Packers: 'We've got to get it fixed' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Aaron Rodgers on lack of Superdome noise after beating Saints: 'Definitely helps us out' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints making things too hard for themselves, too easy for opponents Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Aaron Rodgers on lack of Superdome noise after beating Saints: 'Definitely helps us out' Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Walker: Saints' normal Sunday night supremacy enough to get them back on track Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Alvin Kamara Shines, As Saints Fall to Packers 37-30. Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Alvin Kamara's huge night not enough to end Saints' early-season funk Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Alvin Kamara follows lead block, hurdles him for TD Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Packers ride big arm of Aaron Rodgers past dink-and-dunk Saints SR News Page Articles 0
What we learned, what's trending and final thoughts from the Saints 37-30 loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints lean heavily on Alvin Kamara in loss to Green Bay Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Packers top Saints in Superdome, New Orleans loses back-to-back games for 1st time since 2017 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints miss chances, fall to Packers in primetime, 37-30 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints struggles continue as they fall to Packers at home SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints lose back-to-back games for the first time in three seasons SR News Page Articles 0
Packers pull away late to beat Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Dome @ Home - Saints Postgame Show | Packers Week 3 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
renegadewa As much as I love my Saints Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 10
Packers and Saints keep trading blows Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints TE Jared Cook hurt on first-down catch against Packers, heads back to locker room Saints RSS News Feeds 0
New Orleans Saints guard Andrus Peat carted off the field; out for game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints 17 Packers 13: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints' Peat carted off with apparent leg injury Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints LG Andrus Peat carted off in game against Packers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints take lead, but Andrus Peat carted off Saints RSS News Feeds 0