It's time for the Saints to trade for Ronald Leary!!! (1 Viewer)

Leary is a "name." Thats it. People clamoring for him do so because having a "name" player there helps their personal comfort level. The truth I he's not any different than Lelito. Good run blocker, shaky pass blocker.

The question with Leary isn't how good he is in the pass game. Its how much better he is than Lelito/Kelemente/Peat getting movement in the run game. If it wasn't 2nd 8 or 3rd 9 so often for us the pass blocking wouldn't stand out.

People suggesting trading for Leary to play LG and moving Lelito over to RG and getting aren't saying Lelito's going to be any better there in pass protection but he's going to be better in the run game than Peat.

If we can improve the run game the rest of the offense will follow...including the pass blocking.

Thats the reason you make the move for Leary

The question with Leary isn't how good he is in the pass game. Its how much better he is than Lelito/Kelemente/Peat getting movement in the run game. If it wasn't 2nd 8 or 3rd 9 so often for us the pass blocking wouldn't stand out.

People suggesting trading for Leary to play LG and moving Lelito over to RG and getting aren't saying Lelito's going to be any better there in pass protection but he's going to be better in the run game than Peat.

If we can improve the run game the rest of the offense will follow...including the pass blocking.

Thats the reason you make the move for Leary

It just depends what they will be asking us to give up.

They, as well as the rest of the NFL, know we need help on the o-line.
They hold all the cards and I refuse to give up any piece of the defense we've worked so hard to put together.

WE NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!
It is time we look at the players available on the free agent list. Also, make the trade for Leary.Please. I am tired of looking at poor Brees getting beat up. Protect, Protect, Protection.

WE NEED HELP RIGHT NOW !!!
It is time we look at the players available on the free agent list. Also, make the trade for Leary.Please. I am tired of looking at poor Brees getting beat up. Protect, Protect, Protection.

Signing Leary would not help the pass protection one iota, and given his unfamiliarity with the offense, would probably actually hurt.

It just depends what they will be asking us to give up.

They, as well as the rest of the NFL, know we need help on the o-line.
They hold all the cards and I refuse to give up any piece of the defense we've worked so hard to put together.

I think things are as obvious to coaches as they are to fans sometimes. The meters about how detrimental may differ but they see the problems on gameday just like we do.

The discussion is is it as bad or unrepairable as we think it is. From what I'm getting from players/coaches in interviews it isn't at that point yet. That means that we still feel like scheming can help a few things and guys will continue to improve.

Yet if at any point we feel like its detrimental there are still two areas we can make a move (Waiver wire/FA and trade)

We'll make a move if its necessary....

To be fair, Lelito hasn't been good at either of those tasks this preseason.

System and coaching change. This staff is continually trying to fit people into a system instead of working out the kinks designing around players strengths. Vision is missing.

I was thinking about that last night. But haven't researched to answer questions like if Leary is actually still physically worthy of a trade? How do we fit him under the cap? What are the Cowboys asking in return for him?

I also thought the team looked and played tired. Not ready to give up on the OL yet, but we could use an infusion of veteran talent at Guard.

I know that Peat played at Stanford, but as brilliant as he might be, moving from LG to RG to LT, etc. during a game has to create some confusion. I would like to see how he does playing an entire game at one position in the next contest.

It was pointed out that the Saints never had that lull at practice so far. I'm thinking it came during the Texans game, that was their lull.

WRONG

If he was drafted late he said he was going to sit out and enter the draft the following year. By going my undrafted he was ineligible to enter the draft again. This has been covered 1,000 times.

You're wrong. Once you're drafted you can't reenter the draft next year, doesn't matter if you hold out. It was an idle threat, he just wanted to choose his team instead of it being chosen for him if he wasn't gonna get drafted in the top of the draft.

It was pointed out that the Saints never had that lull at practice so far. I'm thinking it came during the Texans game, that was their lull.
I just watched Jim Henderson's comments after the game. That's pretty much his take on it.
However, he said if there is a concern on this team, it is offensive line and there is no depth on the line either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b1sP7xEV7Q
For some reason, the video is starting in the middle of the stream. Just move it to the start.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom