It's time for the Saints to trade for Ronald Leary!!! (1 Viewer)

BCK30

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
No one on this board can deny that the Saints not at least using a late round pick on La'el Collins was a huge mistake. He would have solidified this offensive line and made it a force to be reckoned with. I hope the team doesn't make a 2nd mistake and let this opportunity pass them by. Leary is available and from what I hear would like to come here. He's from Baton Rouge and is only 27 years old. I know the guy isn't a world beater but he's definitely better that Peat and Lelito. I don't know what the Cowboys want for him but I don't think they should want more than a 4th or 5th rounder. If I'm wrong then maybe you pass but if I'm right then this deal needs to be made RIGHT NOW!!! Bring in Leary and let Landon Turner have an opportunity and maybe this crisis going into the 2016 season can be averted. Peat might even florish in the old "64 is eligible role" MAKE IT HAPPEN LOOMIS!!!!!!!

Disagree.

Leary is rated same as Jahri Evans. I know Lelito is a liability, needs fixing. Disagree Leary is that answer.

its been time brother. gonna be hard to win "A" game this year with the [mode edit - :nono: Please do not insult Saints players] we have playing guard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nobody drafted Collins, then everyone wanted him as an UDFA.

Why is that?

I was thinking about that last night. But haven't researched to answer questions like if Leary is actually still physically worthy of a trade? How do we fit him under the cap? What are the Cowboys asking in return for him?

I also thought the team looked and played tired. Not ready to give up on the OL yet, but we could use an infusion of veteran talent at Guard.

I know that Peat played at Stanford, but as brilliant as he might be, moving from LG to RG to LT, etc. during a game has to create some confusion. I would like to see how he does playing an entire game at one position in the next contest.

I don't see the light suddenly coming on for the Guard position but I want to see what this team plans to do about it. If they feel comfortable rolling with the turnstiles we have then the Oakland game should be better measure of what we are about to see. If this will be the norm all season we will be lucky to win 5 games.

Maybe cutting Lewis was a precursor to trading and extending Leary? (Cap space needed)

Or perhaps there is someone else in mind?

Clowney is a trending topic on Twitter due of his demolition of our line.

Whatever they're going to do needs to happen soon, three weeks and counting until real bullets.

No one on this board can deny that the Saints not at least using a late round pick on La'el Collins was a huge mistake. He would have solidified this offensive line and made it a force to be reckoned with. I hope the team doesn't make a 2nd mistake and let this opportunity pass them by. Leary is available and from what I hear would like to come here. He's from Baton Rouge and is only 27 years old. I know the guy isn't a world beater but he's definitely better that Peat and Lelito. I don't know what the Cowboys want for him but I don't think they should want more than a 4th or 5th rounder. If I'm wrong then maybe you pass but if I'm right then this deal needs to be made RIGHT NOW!!! Bring in Leary and let Landon Turner have an opportunity and maybe this crisis going into the 2016 season can be averted. Peat might even florish in the old "64 is eligible role" MAKE IT HAPPEN LOOMIS!!!!!!!

Why are people incapable of understanding what actually happened with Lael.

WE COULD NOT HAVE DRAFTED HIM LATE
WE COULD NOT HAVE SIGNED HIM AS AN UDFA

Payton has addressed this in the past. We called him. He chose to go elsewhere. We did not make a mistake. We had no options other than drafting him in the 1st or second round.

Kind of false ^ if they used the 3Rd pick on him instead of on a backup QB, they could have. In that case Collins would either go with it or have to sit out a year. But as someone famous once Said: hindsight is 50/50 :ezbill:
Anyways, the guard position has been awful for 2 (looking like 3 now) seasons. Last year Drew almost had a terrible injury getting mauled behind that patchwork, this year could be worse

Worth noting that Leary played his high school ball in Baton Rouge, so I'm sure he'd be happy to come back home. Could be a good marriage.

Why are people incapable of understanding what actually happened with Lael.

WE COULD NOT HAVE DRAFTED HIM LATE
WE COULD NOT HAVE SIGNED HIM AS AN UDFA

Payton has addressed this in the past. We called him. He chose to go elsewhere. We did not make a mistake. We had no options other than drafting him in the 1st or second round.

Could have and should have used a late round pick on him. Threats to hold out where obviously idle threats as the contract he had to settle for was no better. A guard is not going to recover financially by sitting out a year. If Mike D is correct, he said Collins' agent told him that Saints has meeting set up with Collins but were late to the table. I find that a bit hard to believe if he truly wanted to play for Saints (as Mike claims).

Leary would fit as good as Lelito does here anything given would be a waste. Leary is a good run blocker but he was terrible on pass blocking in a scheme that fits him. Imaginge how he'll be here in a system that doesn't fit......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom