It's time for the Saints to trade for Ronald Leary!!! (1 Viewer)

Disagree.

Leary is rated same as Jahri Evans. I know Lelito is a liability, needs fixing. Disagree Leary is that answer.

Yeah. We're (the fan base) are in panic mode and from what we saw, it looks justifiable. But I don't think Leary is the magic pill to fix our woes. If he gets cut, then approach him, but don't give anything up for him.

The slight glimmer of hope I have is that someone will step up, like Jahri did last season. He was putrid in preseason, but settled in and was okay. Not great but not a liability.

The cowgirls wanted a 2nd round pick which is too much. The saints inquired twice. No chance they cut Leary at all. The saints know there offensive line was gonna have some issues. There not going all out to be playoff bound this year the teams younger and it needs another season and off season draft to rebuild some holes. 6-10 this year and playoffs next year. More cap room next year too. I think the line will play better vs pittsburgh. I think Brees is gonna realize this year the saints need cap room to make a superbowl team.

Could have and should have used a late round pick on him. Threats to hold out where obviously idle threats as the contract he had to settle for was no better. A guard is not going to recover financially by sitting out a year. If Mike D is correct, he said Collins' agent told him that Saints has meeting set up with Collins but were late to the table. I find that a bit hard to believe if he truly wanted to play for Saints (as Mike claims).

WRONG

If he was drafted late he said he was going to sit out and enter the draft the following year. By going my undrafted he was ineligible to enter the draft again. This has been covered 1,000 times.

I would trade for Leary. It makes to much sense to ship off a pick for him as opposed to wasting another year of Drew's best years.

That said, he has bad knees. The reason Leary wasn't drafted was because of knee problems, so he is already playing on borrowed time. I would rent (not buy) on Leary, and seeing how this team values draft picks, it's probably kicked around the idea more often than we have.

I thought this team was supposed to be consulting with Alex Gibbs on how to fix the oline, but from the performance so far you would think we are working with Barry Gibbs.

I thought this team was supposed to be consulting with Alex Gibbs on how to fix the oline, but from the performance so far you would think we are working with Barry Gibbs.

Andy Gibb...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 26
WRONG

If he was drafted late he said he was going to sit out and enter the draft the following year. By going my undrafted he was ineligible to enter the draft again. This has been covered 1,000 times.

i'm not sure why this is red thumbed... that is the problem on this forum is the ignorant outweigh the intelligent. Collins was never coming to this team ever. Unless you wanted the FO to draft someone suspected of Murder in the first 3 rounds of a draft (which no team would do or did obviously). LET IT GO.

Collins said if he wasn't drafted by the 3rd round, he would sit out for an entire year and enter the next NFL draft. So anybody picking him after that round might as well just let the clock expire and lose the pick, because that is what would have happened.

When it came to his UDFA decision, he said he wanted to leave Louisiana. So we weren't even in consideration there either unless you would like Rita Benson to move the team out of the state. Jesus, just get over yourselves.

Why are ignorant people still talking about this. This was years ago, and nothing we could have done then or now. These are FACTS not opinions.

How about letting this idea go. This isn't even the best guard in the league, not even close. He was the Cowboys worst rated OL and his numbers were pretty average. Yes he is talented, but I'd rather have Zack Martin and 20-30 other guys around the league before Collins. Almost all of whom we had a better chance of signing than Collins. Let it go.

In respect to Leary, I've been extremely critical of him because his pass protection is awful. But watching how abysmal our offensive line play is, I think we need to make a move. I'd trade useless McCown and late round pick for Leary if the Cowgirls would take it. At the very least, I'm positive we will be the first ones waiting for OL cuts from other teams when the time comes.

The Saints have to make a trade for O line Help

A trade has to be made , no way you can go into a season like this . even if it means Tradeing picks for next year.

i'm not sure why this is red thumbed... that is the problem on this forum is the ignorant outweigh the intelligent. Collins was never coming to this team ever. Unless you wanted the FO to draft someone suspected of Murder in the first 3 rounds of a draft (which no team would do or did obviously). LET IT GO.

Collins said if he wasn't drafted by the 3rd round, he would sit out for an entire year and enter the next NFL draft. So anybody picking him after that round might as well just let the clock expire and lose the pick, because that is what would have happened.

When it came to his UDFA decision, he said he wanted to leave Louisiana. So we weren't even in consideration there either unless you would like Rita Benson to move the team out of the state. Jesus, just get over yourselves.

Why are ignorant people still talking about this. This was years ago, and nothing we could have done then or now. These are FACTS not opinions.

How about letting this idea go. This isn't even the best guard in the league, not even close. He was the Cowboys worst rated OL and his numbers were pretty average. Yes he is talented, but I'd rather have Zack Martin and 20-30 other guys around the league before Collins. Almost all of whom we had a better chance of signing than Collins. Let it go.

In respect to Leary, I've been extremely critical of him because his pass protection is awful. But watching how abysmal our offensive line play is, I think we need to make a move. I'd trade useless McCown and late round pick for Leary if the Cowgirls would take it. At the very least, I'm positive we will be the first ones waiting for OL cuts from other teams when the time comes.

Not sure they're looking for a back up QB anymore. Prescott has been looking pretty good.

Just a little bit of murder suspicion and a threat to hold out. No big deal.

Which is exactly my point. These people who are still harping on "the Saints made a huge mistake!" more than a year later need to recognize the truth. They didn't make a mistake, whether it was a league directive not to draft him or just every team sharing the same opinion on the matter, no team was touching him in the draft. The Saints and the other 31 teams that didn't draft him (including Dallas) didn't make a mistake. That's all I was saying.

The final cuts are made on 9/3. I would expect this team to be fairly active, especially for veteran guards.

The offensive line is an area that Payton and Loomis knew was a problem spot, but did not directly address in the draft or veteran free agency. The OL was awful last night, but they weren't the only ones.

Leary would fit as good as Lelito does here anything given would be a waste. Leary is a good run blocker but he was terrible on pass blocking in a scheme that fits him. Imaginge how he'll be here in a system that doesn't fit......

Last I checked we are terrible at run blocking and Lelito is awful at everything.

So yeah, it's still an upgrade (even though I don't buy that Leary is terrible at pass blocking just because of a sub-par 2014. In 2015, in the four games before his injury, he had a positive grade at pass blocking).

WRONG

WRONG

Use common sense. He got a lesser contract than he would have gotten as a late round pick. He also would have gained zero leverage by re-entering the draft and taking a year off. He would have lost a year's worth of salary he would never have re-gained. It was a threat by his agent in order to allow him to pick where he played.

Talk to Mike Detillier who spoke directly with Collins' agent. His agent said that Collins wanted to play in New Orleans, but the Saints dragged their feet while Dallas recruited him (and push hard on his mother).

Last I checked we are terrible at run blocking and Lelito is awful at everything.

So yeah, it's still an upgrade (even though I don't buy that Leary is terrible at pass blocking just because of a sub-par 2014. In 2015, in the four games before his injury, he had a positive grade at pass blocking).

Regardless he's not worth what Jerry is asking for him which is a 2nd round pick I spend a lot of time in Dallas with my job and even listening to the sports talk out there they think its too much on the asking price, but Jerry would rather lose him to free agency next year than take anything less than a 2nd.

There is a lot of complaints on here about questionable moves that have put the team in this position and yet somehow think that making another questionable move will help fix things and giving up a 2nd for Leary is just that. Giving up a too high of a pick for a guy who doesn't fit the scheme we use is going to help us how?

If he was worth what Jerrah was asking he wouldn't still be available

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom