It's time to see the tax returns -- a poll (1 Viewer)

Should Trump now release his tax returns?

• Trump must now release his returns, and should have done so before the election

Votes: 36 78.3%
  • Trump must now release his returns, as the returns won't be misused in the election

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • If Trump does not release his returns, Congress should force the public release of the returns

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • If Trump does not release his returns, Congress obtain them for a bi-partisan private review

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • If Trump does not release his returns, and Congress does nothing, I will be angry

Votes: 17 37.0%
  • Ir Trump does not release his returns, and Congress does nothing, I am fine with that

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Trump should not release his returns if he does not want to because it's his private business

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Tacoes (obligatory entry)

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Guys, whether you are a Republican or Democrat, or wherever you fall on the spectrum, I cannot believe there is any reason at this point that the citizens of the US should not be able to see Donald Trump's tax returns.

If he has nothing to hide, great. And if he does, so much the better. People can then make up their own minds how the information affects how they feel in favor of or against the President and the legislators who are for/against him.

Thoughts?

Note, this is not an up/down poll, there are several options and you can choose more than one.

DJ1BigTymer

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I have never cared about tax returns before Trump. However, the mere fact that he doesn't want to disclose his finances confirms my beliefs that he has something to hide from the American people. So, yes, I need to see them.

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
I have never cared about tax returns before Trump. However, the mere fact that he doesn't want to disclose his finances confirms my beliefs that he has something to hide from the American people. So, yes, I need to see them.
This is where I'm at too. But I had to vote tacoes.

porculator

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well there's no way congress can force the public release of his tax returns at this point, and I would argue that they shouldn't have that power anyway, as much as I would love to see Trump's.

There seem to be some avenues to obtain them for internal use to look for conflicts of interest, and those need to be exploited to their full potential.

Maybe whenever this debacle of a term is over the RNC (and DNC for that matter) will wise up and require potential candidates to release them so they don't risk putting forth another disaster like this one.

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
To me the time for public information and release of tax returns is during elections. I do think we should make this kind of disclosure a requirement and part of election law for the future. The public should have that information when deciding how to vote.

Now, however, it's time for special prosecutors and Congressional oversight when there's sufficient reason to think something is amiss. Those people should subpoena the records they think matter.

OP
SaintJ

SaintJ

hard, pipe-hittin'
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I picked 3 in this pole (including tacoes) and it let me submit 'em all...
I did that on purpose, to look for intensity and range of opinion if nothing else.

And tacoes.

VDK

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Well there's no way congress can force the public release of his tax returns at this point, and I would argue that they shouldn't have that power anyway, as much as I would love to see Trump's.

There seem to be some avenues to obtain them for internal use to look for conflicts of interest, and those need to be exploited to their full potential.

Maybe whenever this debacle of a term is over the RNC (and DNC for that matter) will wise up and require potential candidates to release them so they don't risk putting forth another disaster like this one.
I believe there is at least one conflict of interest lawsuit against him, so that could be one avenue.

Zztop

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
In the 28 days since the petition was first created on We The People, the White House petition platform, over one million people have signed a petition calling for the immediate release of his full tax returns. That’s more than twice as many people who signed the second-most popular petition in We The People’s 5.5 year history.

The interesting part is:

In accordance with the “We the People” Open Government Initiative protocol, a petition would be reviewed and met with an official response if signed by 100,000 people in 30 days. (my guess is they'll either ignore it or call it a fake petition)

Also sixteen states and the District of Columbia have proposed bills to prevent access to the presidential ballot without disclosing federal tax returns.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Awe, the poll closed.

Anyway, he should have.

And if Congress had adequate suspicion of him having illegal ties, etc, I'm sure they could force the issue. They'd need a hearing or take the issue to federal court though, I'm sure.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom