It's time to talk about the elephant in the room... (1 Viewer)

I'm down a few. Trying hard not to stay busy and eat out of boredom. I am trying to have a project every day. Unfortunately, that means my Amazon and Lowe's accounts are getting hammered these days.

I am about 10 pounds down. There will be two types of people during this crisis. The one's that do nothing, but sit around and eat (one of my neighbors) and the one's that exercise (most of my other neighbors). There is a lot of walking and bicycle riding in my neighborhood going on. The one neighbor is drinking twice as much and not doing anything. They move from the inside chairs to the outside chairs. Every time we see them they have a glass of wine in their hands.
There are 3 types of people. Those who exercise more than ever (me) and are actively participating in the drink a gallon a day challenge in the afternoon. (Friends are using water, I am not). So, while I I am getting back up with my fitness (searching around for more intense rides on my bike) my diet isn’t matching. Maybe I should stop.... oh hell thats not going to happen, why even say it?

lucky those of you who can wear jeans. Only ones I’ve ever been able to wear were the huge baggy 569 Levi’s when they were popular as my legs are not made for jeans. Unless I want around a 42 waist and wear suspenders with them. Heck I even hate this new fashion of tapered athletic pants. What about us guys with 20.5 inch calves? Come on people get it together.

Last edited:
So far I'm staying in my 5# fluctuation range. I continue to monitor my consumption as well as getting out to exercise daily. I am trying to keep my daily schedule routine for both physical health and sanity. I do find myself drinking more though, which makes me push farther on my walks/runs to offset.

Haven't weighed lately, but I'd imagine that I'm staying about the same as usual. Walking every other day, maintaining my regular diet. Getting that high blood pressure reading at the doctor's over a year ago got me to change things up. Haven't had any troubles with it since then. Diet and exercise are far greater than meds.

Seems architecturally unsound

It was certainly unsustainable.

In my case, I have proportionally large thighs and big feet so I was able to manage ok. Thank god for the big feet, because the round part around my middle is harder to balance than the chest ever was.

I'm going to take this virus as the motivation to lose some weight and get in better shape. To that end, I moved the recumbent bike from out of the dungeon of hell storage and out to the downstairs facing the water. I rigged up the outside stereo to work properly with sonos so now I can listen to slayer and watch the water while I sweat my arse off and try to manage to get the buttons closed on 38s.

Down 2 pounds so far.

It was certainly unsustainable.

In my case, I have proportionally large thighs and big feet so I was able to manage ok. Thank god for the big feet, because the round part around my middle is harder to balance than the chest ever was.

I'm going to take this virus as the motivation to lose some weight and get in better shape. To that end, I moved the recumbent bike from out of the dungeon of hell storage and out to the downstairs facing the water. I rigged up the outside stereo to work properly with sonos so now I can listen to slayer and watch the water while I sweat my arse off and try to manage to get the buttons closed on 38s.
Take a ballet class
One of my favorite things was watching perfectly balanced trinas navigate their growing pregnancies

I think I’m about the same. I would usually go out for lunch at the office everyday, so I’m saving some calories there. Plus, I bought an elliptical machine for my wife’s birthday last year (she wanted workout equipment for when she couldn’t go to the gym) and I’ve been trying to hit that or go running daily. My wife alternates between the machine and online/on demand aerobics.

Take a ballet class
One of my favorite things was watching perfectly balanced trinas navigate their growing pregnancies

The recumbent bike is to allow for my old ankles and knees to survive after baseball and football. Catcher is not kind to the knees and even attempting a pirouette would likely leave me on the Orthopedist's table.

I will also add that I raked gravel for about an hour this morning and then came to the conclusion that I'd be better off actually learning how to use the tractor better than spending 9 weeks raking.

So I did!

before and after20200410_130057.jpg20200412_121917.jpg20200412_121917.jpg

The recumbent bike is to allow for my old ankles and knees to survive after baseball and football. Catcher is not kind to the knees and even attempting a pirouette would likely leave me on the Orthopedist's table.

I will also add that I raked gravel for about an hour this morning and then came to the conclusion that I'd be better off actually learning how to use the tractor better than spending 9 weeks raking.

So I did!

before and after20200410_130057.jpg20200412_121917.jpg20200412_121917.jpg
You have a pool right?
Best thing for knees and back might be aquacerize or whatever it’s called
Not quite the cardio benefit
But best exercise for joints

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom