ITT closes all campuses (1 Viewer)

Don't you mean the government shouldn't be in the student loan business?

You're right and wrong.

But the main reason the feds took over all of the student loan industry is because private banks couldn't stay out of bed with institutions, particularly for-profits. So much for self-regulation.

I have a few friends who work in the for-profit industry (one just laid off at ITT). I wish they had sense to get out when I did.

Many people think this ambush against the for-profits started with Obama. They would be wrong. This quietly started under Bush43 and steamrolled once Obama took office.

They will all close sometime soon and just do internet education. Better. Cheaper. The future

They will all close sometime soon and just do internet education. Better. Cheaper. The future

Phoenix is pretty much there already. I think the only location in Louisiana with more than two staff members is in BR. Shreveport and Lafayette closed down years ago and the NOLA location has one person there to make sure classes go smoothly in the evening and one enrollment person, who primarily does online.

But I agree with you, they'll all be gone shortly. I think this move was a shot across the bow to the smaller schools to shape up (and out) while they can. Phoenix is thinking God Obama is leaving office in a few months and they're praying Hillary (if likely elected) loosens the noose some (even though they tied it themselves).

The fact that they're having to close simply because students cannot use federal aid says a lot.

If I read the ruling correctly, it only effected new students enrolling. Current students were still eligible to received aid until they were done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom