Ivan Drago spin-off film now off? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Sly was no fan of this idea . Guess he knew it would not be good.

Drago says it is not happening

Perhaps they will go the Cobra Kai route, and turn the antagonist into the protagonist?

I for one would like another Creed.
They could reboot the whole Clubber Lang character, played epically by Mr. T. Clubber Lang, figuratively speaking, reminded me of the old Oakland Raiders of the 60's, 70's, and early 80's--mean, vicious, nasty, hot-headed, but played with an unmatched intensity they inspired fear, respect, hatred, but also a grudging sense of admiration and respect. If you wanted to advance to play in the Super Bowl from the late 60's-mid 1980's, whether it was Kansas City, Miami, Pittsburgh, Denver or New England, you had to go through Oakland to get there.

Clubber Lang also doesn't come across like a complete villian in the Rocky franchise like Ivan Drago. Lang isn't some state-made, steroid-addled propoganda monster/machine like Drago was/is, hes just all intensity and rage.

Liquor stores literally removed Russian vodka from their shelves.
Well, that was precisely because of Russian aggression towards Ukraine and the West. Not so much Russian hatred on it's own. I think there's plenty to like about Russia, but certainly not their government and their attitude towards those who aren't Russian.

Well, that was precisely because of Russian aggression towards Ukraine and the West. Not so much Russian hatred on it's own. I think there's plenty to like about Russia, but certainly not their government and their attitude towards those who aren't Russian.

I'm obviously well aware of that. Point is the current cultutal climate is not one that you're going to see much exploration of Russians outside of 80s style bond villains.

Liquor stores literally removed Russian vodka from their shelves.
Because those are imported products produced by Russian companies which pay taxes to the Russian government. What I meant was I don't think there's much Russophobia against Russian culture or Russian individuals, unless they do something like come out and explicitly support the war. For example, there's lots of NHL players who are Russian, besides some trolls are social media there hasn't been some NHL boycott.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom