Ive got some unfortunate medical news to share to you guys (1 Viewer)

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The past couple days since around Tuesday, me and my father began feeling some tenseness, soreness in our throats that gradually became sorer and raspier, along with a mild body stiffness, and sinus issues. I scheduled an appointment with my primary care physician this morning and I was, at first, a bit surprised that one of his nurses asked me to take a Covid-19 nose swab in both nostrils, but then 15 minutes later, my doctor came out to inform me I had tested positive for Covid-19 and then they discovered my father had it too after performing the same tests.

The good news, is that my doctor said that both cases of Covid are mild and that is due probably in no large part to the fact I'm fully vaccinated along with getting a Covid-19 booster last December, both me and my Dad were very vigilant about making sure we had all our shots just in case, we had a case of terrible, bad luck happen like this. My doctor prescribed me and my Dad some over-the-counter Covid-19 treatment medication called Paxlovid, we take 3 pills twice a day, 8 hours apart, and he said that this medication should eliminate most, if not all, of the symptoms within 5 days. I have already taken a one day supply of the medication so its in my system.

Me and my Dad aren't 100% percent sure how or where we got Covid-19 from, but on Tuesday afternoon we dined at a downtown Mobile restaurant (Wintzell's) and its very likely we were infected there by someone at some point.

I'm going to be keeping a low-profile, kind of sedentary existence until after the 4th of July so you may not see or hear from me that much on SR until maybe early next week. If I can find some time to give everyone here some updates over the next 3-5 days, I will. I tell you all this because SR.COM has been a strong, fulfilling, positive force in my sports life for nearly 25 years now, and I trust and have faith in the posters on here to inform you guys of this news.

So, wish me luck, and God bless to everyone on here and what they seek out and reach for in their own daily endeavors.

Thank you.

Found I had it back late May after hanging out with a friend who had been exposed. Took the paxlovid and stayed home for about a week until I tested negative 2 days in a row. All in all, it was very mild and I was lucky.

I hope you and your dad are even luckier. I had not had the booster and my last shot was longer ago than it should have been so I'm going tomorrow to get boosted.

Be well. Enjoy the boredom.

Get well soon, sounds like you were lucky you were vaxxed. I'm sure you'll be better in about a week.

Hey I got it in January and was still able to come in here and annoy everyone- I expect the same out of you

But seriously good luck and good health

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom