I've had enough (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
After all of the double talk, all of the back-and-forth, I was still willing to support this franchise. But, after watching them come out with Oklahoma City jerseys again after everybody and their uncle including the commissioner saying they are back next year, I am DONE. I purchased tickets which I will eat or sell, and sit this thing out until someone grows a brain in the hornets organization. I just hope it is not too late.

Way to disenfranchise your fan base yet again Shinn! This N.O. Hornet fan is done............What a trainwreck of an organization!

I feel your pain. Shinn has alot of making up to do for me even to remotely consider them my team again. At least the saints are new orleans. And even when they did play in SA they didnt wear SA patches. What a disgrace!

They're playing in OKC jerseys in OKC tonight? What's the deal?

It's either derived from complete ineptness and ignorance, or a deliberate slap in the face to New Orleans. I personally think it is a combination. Shinn actually thinks that he can play both sides like this and still get his way in the end. I plan on writing the league office and the hornets front office just to get it off my chest. I've tried to get behind this team for the sake of the city, and because I love the game, but they have made it completely impossible. What a shame....

IIRC, the team has very little say. I thought that was Stern's decision?

This team ****** me off to no end, but I will not be watching any of the OKC games - its away games and New Orleans home games for me. It is easy to become jaded by the actions of the NBA but after this season OKC will fall off the map again (may be a hard statement, but I loathe them at the moment) and will either pilfer the Sonics or fight Las Vegas for a mythical expansion franchise.

The team should rebrand itself for next year though, thats the least they could do after shoving this patch and OKC jersey bull**** in our face.

It is Sterns decision I believe, and he tried to make clear that the hornets were returning next year and is trying to work out a long-term agreement witht the city. Shinn has played both sides from day 1. It is the same reason why people in Charlotte despise him, he just doesn't get it. He is the cats meow in OKC, and is taking full advantage. Meanwhile, he is setting himself up for disaster in his franchises home. There is barely a sense that the team has any affiliation with the city of New Orleans at all, besides when they are playing the handful of games that they are here as it is. Now, with team supposedly returning for sure next year, they decide to brand themselves full-fledged OKC at "home"? Nope, that just won't fly with me, and probably with a lot of other people....

All I ask is that you support the Hornets this season when they are in the Arena and if you aren't satisfied with the healing process that comes with the move back then feel free to cast them off. Don't burn that final bridge until you know for certain that its over.

It is Sterns decision I believe, and he tried to make clear that the hornets were returning next year and is trying to work out a long-term agreement witht the city. Shinn has played both sides from day 1. It is the same reason why people in Charlotte despise him, he just doesn't get it. He is the cats meow in OKC, and is taking full advantage. Meanwhile, he is setting himself up for disaster in his franchises home. There is barely a sense that the team has any affiliation with the city of New Orleans at all, besides when they are playing the handful of games that they are here as it is. Now, with team supposedly returning for sure next year, they decide to brand themselves full-fledged OKC at "home"? Nope, that just won't fly with me, and probably with a lot of other people....

Just like the OKC council threaten to sue the Hornets if they didnt wear the OKC patch in New Orleans, I think the New Orleans council should do the same. Take legal action.

I'll make sure my seats are filled, I'm going to give the tickets to my little bro and friend. I want the arena to be filled, I want New Orleans to have a B-ball team, and like the players we have. This team right now just really makes me sick to my stomach. I'll be the first in line at that arena as soon as they decide it is truly home again.

Sweet - can't ask for anymore than that with the way the Hornets are jerking us around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom