I've lost all respect for Steve Young (1 Viewer)

If only he were to come out of the closet...can you imagine the media explosion were THAT to happen?!?
I know it's not his fault he's getting all this hype and would probably rather not have it (it's much easier to play under the radar, as we all know); but all I would want for Christmas is for Tony to be a Romosexual. And as long as hell is freezing over cos the Saints are going to the SB, it COULD happen.

Let them talk this chump up. He will be due a bad..no..a horrible game at some point..against us preferrably...but it WILL happen

With virtually no record of recent success, the network has been shoving the Cowboys and the Giants down are throat all year as if they were the NFL's elite. It's just a bunch of pandering to their largest potential tv audience.

He's entitled to his opinion...

I personally think Steve Young was a system QB... and doesn't belong in the HOF... the Superbowl they won was Steinbrenner-esque... they had a pro bowler at every position... but I'm sure he cares about my opinion as much as I care about his.

Don't sweat what others say bro... let Brees earn his respect. the more people doubt him the stronger he comes at them... I love it!!

Steve Young not in the HOF? Do you know how dificult it is to play QB?Wheather you have a good team around you or not it is the worlds most difficult position. How long was he good, a full decade in the playoffs? I know Saints fans are ****** about all the playoffs you may have gotten to if only the 49ers were not in your division but, Steve Young is not the place to start. :dunno:

Come on guys, he has had a ton of concussions, he is just not thinking right.

While some or most people may disagree with the original premise, how could his support of a certain player as "best" (even if he didn't say it), cost him "all respect?" I'm not a major Steve Young fan, but he earned his respect on the field IMHO.

:shrug:

TPS

Exactly... and this is yet ANOTHER instance in which someone took a sportscaster's words out of context. The Carson Palmer thing was another example.

Same people losing all respect for Steve Young will pretend they never said that the second Young praises Drew Brees.

To be an analyst all you have to do is come up with a knee jerk reaction from last week

Rex Grossman was the next great QB after 5 weeks, what are they saying now? McNabb was the MVP after 5 weeks of beating up on teams. The last few years Dwight Freeney was a contender mor defensive MVP despite putting up no tackles and having less sacks than Robert Mathis last year. Tony Romo could easily go the way of Grossman. I personally think he is better but he has beaten Carolina, Arizona, the Colts and Tampa Bay. Now the Cowboys defense is the main reason Dallas is winning, but those teams do not have dominant pass defenses by any means and he lost to Washington

Steve Young not in the HOF? Do you know how dificult it is to play QB?Wheather you have a good team around you or not it is the worlds most difficult position. How long was he good, a full decade in the playoffs? I know Saints fans are ****** about all the playoffs you may have gotten to if only the 49ers were not in your division but, Steve Young is not the place to start. :dunno:

Huff has got to be a niner fan.

On Monday, Young said that Romo is the best QB in the NFC

Talk about taken out of context.

I don't remember that he had his ranking and it went something like Manning, Brady, Brees, Palmer and Farve. Irvin said something about Romo not being in his top 5 and he said he had only played 5 games and we need to give him more time to see if he is for real. He said over the last few games he has been one of the top QBs in the NFC.

That's how I heard it also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom