I've lost all respect for Steve Young (1 Viewer)

I don't remember that he had his ranking and it went something like Manning, Brady, Brees, Palmer and Farve. Irvin said something about Romo not being in his top 5 and he said he had only played 5 games and we need to give him more time to see if he is for real. He said over the last few games he has been one of the top QBs in the NFC.

Man if he really said that I have lost respect for him also. This is the guys first year starting and in no way has the skins on the wall that Drew does. I hope the media just keeps forgetting about us because I believe we play better when we are flying under the radar. I think it fuels our players fire. I want to stay the stepchild all year.

Steve,
Say it ain't so.. Have you bothered to look at that weak armed QB over in the NFC South? Some guy named Drew something or another. He is coming up on 4000 yds 20 td's to 11 ints and is playing like a wildman. Check him out, he's not too shabby..

Steve,
Say it ain't so.. Have you bothered to look at that weak armed QB over in the NFC South? Some guy named Drew something or another. He is coming up on 4000 yds 20 td's to 11 ints and is playing like a wildman. Check him out, he's not too shabby..

What is the love affair with this Romo dude. The only good team that they beat was the Colts. They are 1-3 in the division.

The love affair is because he is a Dallas Cowboy, the Notre Dame of pro football. Add to that the T.O. stuff and the Bill Parcells stuff and you have a story the national media cannot help but overhype! It's in their nature! If only he were to come out of the closet...can you imagine the media explosion were THAT to happen?!?

I hate the Cowboys, despise them, and would wish nothing more than for Romo to take a steep nosedive and take his team with him, but the guy has been stellar since taking over the starting job. He's playing like a seasoned veteran right now. Sure, it's only been five games but he's performed well enough to earn any and all praise, IMO. He has completed 69.4 of his passes, has a 110.8 rating, and thrown 13 tds and only 5 ints. And his team is a freakish ending in the Washington game away from being undefeated since he took over.

So maybe he hasn't played long enough to justifiy being labeled "the best" but he's certainly playing as well as any other top QB in the NFC -- heck, the NFL.

I don't remember that he had his ranking and it went something like Manning, Brady, Brees, Palmer and Farve. Irvin said something about Romo not being in his top 5 and he said he had only played 5 games and we need to give him more time to see if he is for real. He said over the last few games he has been one of the top QBs in the NFC.

I heard this same thing David. He said Romo "might be" number 6.

I see that you guys seem to have lost respect for him due to what he said. I, on the other hand have gained a tremendous amount of respect for Steve Young in the last couple of months. Just read this story I am about to throw to you guys.

A lawyer at my work lived a couple blocks from the breach of the 17th street canal. This same man also is friends with a cameraman from ESPN. He got a call from his friend asking if it would be ok to let some of the Mondau Night crew walk into his house just to see the extent of the damage. He said sure.

While walking into his sons room, Steve Young happened to look down to see a plaque of himself, like the kind you can buy from the mall or any card shop. This moved him very much. A few days later, the houses owner received a call from Steves personal secretary, just letting him know how moved he was to see that. Needless to say, the boy received hand written letters from Chris Berman, Steve Young and an autographed ball from the guys on the Monday Night crew.

Not to stop there, they were asked to be personal guests at the Saints-49ers game. Before this game, however, they received another call from Steves secretary letting them know that even Jerry couldn't stop talking about what Steve told him. That is Jerry Rice if you didn't already know. Well to top it off, they were invited to come to the Seattle game as guests of Jerry Rice where they had access to the field before, during and after the game. They were also able to meet many of Steve Youngs teammates from the 49ers.

Just wanted to throw this story to you guys. Although some lose respect for what he said about a QB, just remember that from all accounts, he is a wonderful person.

The attention span of sports commentators in recent years is appalling. I think it would be beneficial if.......................................................................................

While some or most people may disagree with the original premise, how could his support of a certain player as "best" (even if he didn't say it), cost him "all respect?" I'm not a major Steve Young fan, but he earned his respect on the field IMHO.

:shrug:

TPS

If we are talking about the same segment, Young did not have Romo in his top 5. Irvin tried to goad Young into choosing Romo and Young said he had only played five games, so wouldn't put him in the top-5, and then subsequently bent and put him at number 6. Berman made fun of him for giving in.

So Irvin is the true moron. And that's not news, is it?

Sure, it's only been five games but he's performed well enough to earn any and all praise, IMO. He has completed 69.4 of his passes, has a 110.8 rating, and thrown 13 tds and only 5 ints.

Brees is good. But if Brees had 110.8 passer rating we'd probably have < 2 losses right now. I think Romo is due for a correction at some point in the season. Hopefully when they play the Saints.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom