I've lost all respect for Steve Young (1 Viewer)

David is right. He didn't make Steve Young's top 5 list.

Big market trumps all. ESPN is a business that's why 99% of their NFL coverage focuses on big market teams, players, and coaches. Romo has helped turn around a big market franchise so he's getting more exposure than Paris Hilton. Romo has played very well but he's only played 5 games so all the accolades border on ridiculous.

We'd be sick of hearing about Brees if he played with Dallas or New York. Everyone would know Brees is leading the league in passing and an MVP candidate. In fact if Brees was in Dallas or New York he would currently be far ahead of LT and P. Manning for MVP instead of a distant third. Put Romo on the Saints after only five games and he would barely be a blip on the radar. There would be no "Romo is the best QB in the NFC" after only five game if Brees with the Cowboys had numbers like he does now....

There's nothing we can do about it. As long as the Saints are winning ESPN is forced to talk about them.....

He's entitled to his opinion...

I personally think Steve Young was a system QB... and doesn't belong in the HOF... the Superbowl they won was Steinbrenner-esque... they had a pro bowler at every position... but I'm sure he cares about my opinion as much as I care about his.

Don't sweat what others say bro... let Brees earn his respect. the more people doubt him the stronger he comes at them... I love it!!

This isn't what I saw him say. St. David I saw it the same way as you.

Steve - yeah Young was a tough player and he earned my respect on the field as well.

Ti - nice summary. I like how you pointed out that ESPN is forced to talk about us. It is a great time to be a Saints fan.

I can't wait for Mr. Romo to meet Mr. Smtih and Mr. Grant, I just can't wait till they knock that stupid smile of his face. December 10th can't come any sooner.

Last edited:
I'm frankly sick and tired of hearing about the Cowboys. All through the offseason the only thing we heard about was TO this TO that. Now the clowns over at ESPN have moved to Romo. When will the madness end?

I can't wait until we play the Cowboys and beat the stuffing out of them. I would have had stronger words to say about this whole matter, but this is a family forum. :)

Steve,
Say it ain't so.. Have you bothered to look at that weak armed QB over in the NFC South? Some guy named Drew something or another. He is coming up on 4000 yds 20 td's to 11 ints and is playing like a wildman. Check him out, he's not too shabby..

Are y'all forgetting that the Saints lost 3 out 5 games during this brilliant stint by Brees? Who cares about breaking passing stats if we lose more than we win. I would be willing to give up a 300 yard passing game if it means another W.

All homerism aside, Romo looks pretty awesome to me with his accuracy and ability to throw on the run. Not saying I would rather have him than Brees, but you can argue that he is playing the best right now.

If we are talking about the same segment, Young did not have Romo in his top 5. Irvin tried to goad Young into choosing Romo and Young said he had only played five games, so wouldn't put him in the top-5, and then subsequently bent and put him at number 6. Berman made fun of him for giving in.

So Irvin is the true moron. And that's not news, is it?

This was on the Dan Patrick show.

I can't wait for Mr. Romo to meet Mr. Smtih and Mr. Grant, I just can't wait till they knock that stupid smile of his face. December 3rd can't come any sooner.

Was Romo traded to the 49ers? :D

I lost respect for Steve Young a looooooooooooong time ago, i myself think he is an idiot. Remember a couple years back when we maybe had a shot at a playoff spot if we could beat Carolina in the last game of the season, and after AB said something or other, big bad Mr.Young came out and said there is no way NOT A CHANCE that the Saints would beat Carolina because of it, i remember he was nearly foaming at the mouth when he was talking about it.... What do ya know our boys beat em... and what did we hear from mr.young nadda, not a word about his big bad bold prediction. I can't stand him.... Romo is good thus far but he has a long road ahead of him, 5 games doesn't mean squat lets see what he does firstly for the rest of the season and then on in his career.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom