I've never been more excited about a QB who threw 4 picks (1 Viewer)

Is this REALLY a drop?

1638589269818.png
Ask Payton and the coaching staff, only they know the informed answer to that question, because only they know what they expect from the QB and the WR on every play. Payton seemed more angry with Stills than Hill, for whatever that's worth.

I do know that throwing passes for WR's to high point is a common practice across the NFL, so just because it's over Stills head doesn't prove anything one way or another. It could be a bad execution on the pass or bad execution trying to catch it.

Yes. If an NFL wr gets both hands on the ball, he should catch it. It wasn’t that difficult of a catch.
He didn't get 2 hands on it...initial contact w/ the ball is just that w/ one hand. Had he made the catch it would've been a great contested catch but I or anyone here can't hang not making the catch on him...the ball shouldn't have been thrown there. In the spur of the moment, sure CSP probably blamed Stills but after reviewing film, he'll come to the same conclusion.

Re CSP saying that's where the play was designed to go...sure I can get on board w/ that, a lot of plays get designed to go a lot of places that ultimately don't end up being thrown to because of coverage, this was one of those cases where it shouldn't have gone where it went.

He didn't get 2 hands on it...initial contact w/ the ball is just that w/ one hand. Had he made the catch it would've been a great contested catch but I or anyone here can't hang not making the catch on him...the ball shouldn't have been thrown there. In the spur of the moment, sure CSP probably blamed Stills but after reviewing film, he'll come to the same conclusion.

Re CSP saying that's where the play was designed to go...sure I can get on board w/ that, a lot of plays get designed to go a lot of places that ultimately don't end up being thrown to because of coverage, this was one of those cases where it shouldn't have gone where it went.
We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Any competent WR makes that catch. Sure it’s contested, but gods WRs make contested catches all the time. Cowboys WRs made contested catches all night. God forbid we expect the same of ours.

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. Any competent WR makes that catch. Sure it’s contested, but gods WRs make contested catches all the time. Cowboys WRs made contested catches all night. God forbid we expect the same of ours.
You can't compare our WRs to Dallas'....The Cowboys receivers are all 1st round Phenoms...we can't keep pretending that all NFL receivers make all catches, we have a talent deficiency.

The throw...It was a jump-ball on 2nd down in scoring position, any QB should be blamed for the decision, but alas I guess TH has blame armor.

Coaches comments...unless you're a kicker, coach will cover for you, he'll say what he needs to say in the filmroom

He's boom or bust. Definitely more entertaining than Siemian but he also threw some bad passes that should have been picked but weren't.
Exactly! He’s exciting for sure. His style wouldn’t last 10 games at QB a season if he didn’t learn to slide more. His footwork is shaky at best in the passing game, he’s consistently late on throws just like we saw last year, etc. He should have realistically thrown 7 interceptions.

His body not holding up has been is rep since BYU and that hasn’t changed. The more his snaps increase the more injury prone he becomes as we’ve seen now for multiple years.

I’m fine with him finishing the year at QB. Dude has heart and plays so hard, but after this year it’s back to Winston or a different direction altogether

I agree. We were in the game until the last 7 minutes.

let's be real, if he doesn't hurt his finger and have to wear a splint on his throwing hand, he doesn't throw 4 pics.

Hill gives us our best chance to win, haters can kick rocks

I'm a JW fan....want him back for sure....but, I totally agree with this....

Taysom was FAR from perfect last night but at least I felt like we had a chance, which was different from the last few weeks. Once Payton showed that he would let Taysom run the ball, I felt like we had something.

Busting up his finger didn't help his cause, but I admire the toughness.

I don't know if Taysom Hill is the answer so to speak, but give the guy a a couple WRs who can catch the ball and we might win a few games.

Another loss on the books is deflating and the turnovers were hard to watch...but one of those was miraculous (and questionable), another was tipped at the line, and a third was a fluke by a Defensive lineman. The one I think was squarely on Taysom was the pass into cover 2 with the biggest ball hawk in the league waiting.

I'm on team Taysom for the rest of the year. At least until next week! 😆

Edit - For the haters/doubters/realists/negative big mads:
THIS IS NOT YOUR THREAD. There are plenty of hateraid threads for you to go whine in. GET OUT, KEEP MOVING.

I support my team and I also support outside the box ideas. Taysom Hill is outside the box.
Man, can I ask what you are eating or drinking or how much Hill is paying you? 😂😂😂😂. I’m semi-kidding.

Man, can I ask what you are eating or drinking or how much Hill is paying you? 😂😂😂😂. I’m semi-kidding.

I remember a time when this fan base and forum were supportive of this team no matter what. Win or lose.

This fan base is not what it was years ago. We as a whole have turned entitled. We used to wait at the airport and welcome the team after losses. That vibe is almost gone.

I'm pretty disappointed in many of you.

I remember a time when this fan base and forum were supportive of this team no matter what. Win or lose.

This fan base is not what it was years ago. We as a whole have turned entitled. We used to wait at the airport and welcome the team after losses. That vibe is almost gone.

I'm pretty disappointed in many of you.
Just because fans are supportive of a team doesn’t mean they have to ignore poor play. Hill shouldn’t get a pass. Brees didn’t when he played poorly. Brees even criticized himself.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom