I've never been more excited about a QB who threw 4 picks (1 Viewer)

St. Pike

Representing Proudly
Reaction score
I know right, these are the same guys that treated "almost" INTs by JW as benchable offenses...or heaven forbid he threw the ball instead of taking off on a scramble. ANYBODY SEEN THOSE GOAL POSTS?!?!?
One for certain, our kickers never seem to be able to

------
Our choice is either a methodically painful defeat or a roller coaster defeat.

----

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
I am military stationed outside the state, so my opportunities to attend are slim. Are you offering to send me tickets?
First, thank you for your service. I hope you're able to see your family during the Holidays.

Second, I was asking because of the abrasive nature in which you were acting in your stating your support for the team. Some of those very people that you were (essentially, not literally) telling to **** off and get out of the thread may very well be people who are season ticket holders or people who attend individual games in person to physically show their own support. Full disclosure: I am not one of them.....I have not attended any games this particular season, and likely will not.

OP
TenTwo

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
First, thank you for your service. I hope you're able to see your family during the Holidays.

Second, I was asking because of the abrasive nature in which you were acting in your stating your support for the team. Some of those very people that you were (essentially, not literally) telling to **** off and get out of the thread may very well be people who are season ticket holders or people who attend individual games in person to physically show their own support. Full disclosure: I am not one of them.....I have not attended any games this particular season, and likely will not.

Thank you.

I don't have a problem with player criticism, but the blanket "he's not a QB" type statements triggers me a bit. Probably because I respect how hard and how unique his NFL journey has been. I also recognize that Hill has incredible potential and talent.

Whether people pay for tickets or not, money or possession in no way justifies blatantly disrespecting people. Additionally, I was very clear on my use of words, so no need to paraphrase to make it worse than it was.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The game was changing when Hill was running and making plays with his feet.

Homeboy is not a QB. And that’s okay.
Yes, and right up until he broke his finger and we had that game changing call we were fine.

You can't beat a better team with 3rd stingers and bad bounces.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Not QBs, they stick to the game plan because they are leading the offense and predictability is essential for a functioning offense. They have to be bought in entirely to work in CSPs scheme. There isn’t room in it for gunslingers that take off running and jumping over defense. This isn’t college.

Payton can win with any style he devotes himself to - running, slinging it all around or with a QB like Hill. What he can't win with is 4th stringers and being outmanned due to injury.

dtc

VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I guess the conversation is about who is more exciting now, right. Yes, Taysom gives us a spark but I do think Trevor's experience comes in handy. It's a bunch of bad options at this point, so I guess desperation wins out.

Hill's ability to run gives us a better chance to win with no receivers and no line I believe. He's hurt and likely out for the rest of the year so either way we are screwed.

Reaction score
Thank you.

I don't have a problem with player criticism, but the blanket "he's not a QB" type statements triggers me a bit. Probably because I respect how hard and how unique his NFL journey has been. I also recognize that Hill has incredible potential and talent.

Whether people pay for tickets or not, money or possession in no way justifies blatantly disrespecting people. Additionally, I was very clear on my use of words, so no need to paraphrase to make it worse than it was.
But isn't it obvious by now that he isn't a NFL QB?

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Taysom was FAR from perfect last night but at least I felt like we had a chance, which was different from the last few weeks. Once Payton showed that he would let Taysom run the ball, I felt like we had something.

Busting up his finger didn't help his cause, but I admire the toughness.

I don't know if Taysom Hill is the answer so to speak, but give the guy a a couple WRs who can catch the ball and we might win a few games.

Another loss on the books is deflating and the turnovers were hard to watch...but one of those was miraculous (and questionable), another was tipped at the line, and a third was a fluke by a Defensive lineman. The one I think was squarely on Taysom was the pass into cover 2 with the biggest ball hawk in the league waiting.

I'm on team Taysom for the rest of the year. At least until next week! 😆

Edit - For the haters/doubters/realists/negative big mads:
THIS IS NOT YOUR THREAD. There are plenty of hateraid threads for you to go whine in. GET OUT, KEEP MOVING.

I support my team and I also support outside the box ideas. Taysom Hill is outside the box.

Yeah, i tried to describe it from being in the dome for Semien's 1st start. The offense was not only stagnant but unexciting with Trevor at QB. While it's still stagnant under Taysom he at least provides hope for fans that something could happen. It's rarely in the form of a big pass and is more likely to come from a big run but he's a jolt to the fans and the players when he's in.

He's your best bet to keep people engaged till the end of the season. I however am not excited about him as the future QB, but he's very entertaning to watch and that's the most you can hope for.

OP
TenTwo

TenTwo

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
But isn't it obvious by now that he isn't a NFL QB?

On the contrary, the fact that he started a game last night at QB clearly defines him as an NFL QB. Whether you agree is irrelevant to the fact that he is, in fact, an NFL QB. Obviously.

OP
TenTwo

TenTwo

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
is this guy a NFL QB then?

1638565400943.png

Great minds think alike, that's the fist person I thought of when I read that post. :hihi:

He was for one day. But see, Taysom isn't an "emergency QB" either. Comparing what he did to what Taysom did is just grasping to make a weak point. Was Josh Allen an NFL QB his rookie year? What about Lamar Jackson? What about Kordell Stewart back in the day?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom