I've never been more excited about a QB who threw 4 picks (1 Viewer)

The one where he almost threw 6 INTs, made some terrible decisions. He kept us in the game with his legs. He kept us in the game playing the Joker. He lost us the game playing QB.

I dont understand why we cant all see he isnt a every down NFL starting QB, but he is absolutely an impact player in the joker role. It just seems we need to separate the 2 after this season. But for now, he needs to play out this season as the QB.

There were 2 series to open up the 2nd half where we ran the ball at will till about the 20ish yard line, and then Payton decided to start passing on both drives, and it killed both. If Hill is going to play this season out, Payton needs to a play smash mouth, win in the trenches, war of attrition type offense where you just keep pounding the ball until the defense loses its will at some point in the game.
Because any QB would have trouble passing the ball with a splint, yet until the long TD run, Taysom was able to play within himself. When we had to abandon his running, we were lost.

I love Taysom the athlete. He brings energy, enthusiam, athleticism and a hard nosed approach to everything he does on the field. His efforts also are also contagious with his teammates. Unfortunately he is not an NFL caliber QB at this point who you can count on game in and game out. He continues to be slow to read defenses and coverages and makes some awful throws from time to time. Yesterday he could have easily had at least 2 more interceptions because of bad decisions or just errant throws! He also does not feel pressure quickly. I also believe when teams see how he is being utilized (read options) they will adjust and slow his best attribute down, his running.
I agree with what has been noted that he should be allowed to start the remainder of the year, assuming he stays healthy, to see how he develops, but I really don't think he will be the guy at QB for the Saints next year. He still will be a valuable contributor to this offense and special teams (not sure worth his contract however) for a few more years.

Last edited:
I know right, these are the same guys that treated "almost" INTs by JW as benchable offenses...or heaven forbid he threw the ball instead of taking off on a scramble. ANYBODY SEEN THOSE GOAL POSTS?!?!?
One for certain, our kickers never seem to be able to

------
Our choice is either a methodically painful defeat or a roller coaster defeat.

----

I am military stationed outside the state, so my opportunities to attend are slim. Are you offering to send me tickets?
First, thank you for your service. I hope you're able to see your family during the Holidays.

Second, I was asking because of the abrasive nature in which you were acting in your stating your support for the team. Some of those very people that you were (essentially, not literally) telling to **** off and get out of the thread may very well be people who are season ticket holders or people who attend individual games in person to physically show their own support. Full disclosure: I am not one of them.....I have not attended any games this particular season, and likely will not.

First, thank you for your service. I hope you're able to see your family during the Holidays.

Second, I was asking because of the abrasive nature in which you were acting in your stating your support for the team. Some of those very people that you were (essentially, not literally) telling to **** off and get out of the thread may very well be people who are season ticket holders or people who attend individual games in person to physically show their own support. Full disclosure: I am not one of them.....I have not attended any games this particular season, and likely will not.

Thank you.

I don't have a problem with player criticism, but the blanket "he's not a QB" type statements triggers me a bit. Probably because I respect how hard and how unique his NFL journey has been. I also recognize that Hill has incredible potential and talent.

Whether people pay for tickets or not, money or possession in no way justifies blatantly disrespecting people. Additionally, I was very clear on my use of words, so no need to paraphrase to make it worse than it was.

The game was changing when Hill was running and making plays with his feet.

Homeboy is not a QB. And thatā€™s okay.
Yes, and right up until he broke his finger and we had that game changing call we were fine.

You can't beat a better team with 3rd stingers and bad bounces.

Not QBs, they stick to the game plan because they are leading the offense and predictability is essential for a functioning offense. They have to be bought in entirely to work in CSPs scheme. There isnā€™t room in it for gunslingers that take off running and jumping over defense. This isnā€™t college.

Payton can win with any style he devotes himself to - running, slinging it all around or with a QB like Hill. What he can't win with is 4th stringers and being outmanned due to injury.

I guess the conversation is about who is more exciting now, right. Yes, Taysom gives us a spark but I do think Trevor's experience comes in handy. It's a bunch of bad options at this point, so I guess desperation wins out.

Hill's ability to run gives us a better chance to win with no receivers and no line I believe. He's hurt and likely out for the rest of the year so either way we are screwed.

Thank you.

I don't have a problem with player criticism, but the blanket "he's not a QB" type statements triggers me a bit. Probably because I respect how hard and how unique his NFL journey has been. I also recognize that Hill has incredible potential and talent.

Whether people pay for tickets or not, money or possession in no way justifies blatantly disrespecting people. Additionally, I was very clear on my use of words, so no need to paraphrase to make it worse than it was.
But isn't it obvious by now that he isn't a NFL QB?

Taysom was FAR from perfect last night but at least I felt like we had a chance, which was different from the last few weeks. Once Payton showed that he would let Taysom run the ball, I felt like we had something.

Busting up his finger didn't help his cause, but I admire the toughness.

I don't know if Taysom Hill is the answer so to speak, but give the guy a a couple WRs who can catch the ball and we might win a few games.

Another loss on the books is deflating and the turnovers were hard to watch...but one of those was miraculous (and questionable), another was tipped at the line, and a third was a fluke by a Defensive lineman. The one I think was squarely on Taysom was the pass into cover 2 with the biggest ball hawk in the league waiting.

I'm on team Taysom for the rest of the year. At least until next week! šŸ˜†

Edit - For the haters/doubters/realists/negative big mads:
THIS IS NOT YOUR THREAD. There are plenty of hateraid threads for you to go whine in. GET OUT, KEEP MOVING.

I support my team and I also support outside the box ideas. Taysom Hill is outside the box.

Yeah, i tried to describe it from being in the dome for Semien's 1st start. The offense was not only stagnant but unexciting with Trevor at QB. While it's still stagnant under Taysom he at least provides hope for fans that something could happen. It's rarely in the form of a big pass and is more likely to come from a big run but he's a jolt to the fans and the players when he's in.

He's your best bet to keep people engaged till the end of the season. I however am not excited about him as the future QB, but he's very entertaning to watch and that's the most you can hope for.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom