I've said it before, and I'll say it again (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Michael Vick is just a Glorified Running Back. If you look at the game today, you will see the difference. Drew Brees is a Quarter Back, and Michael Vick is a Running Back who plays Quarter Back.

Drew Brees: 349 yards passing, 2 TD's, 0 Int's - 0 rushing yards
Michael Vick: 84 yards passing, 0 TD's, 0 Int's - 166 yards rushing

I know, a lot of you will continue to make fun of what I say about him, but I'll take a real Quarter Back like Drew Brees over Michael Vick's amazing runs any day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

Vick is grossly overrated. I don't care how many yards he runs for. You need consistency in the passing game.

And yeah his WRs dropped some balls, but they only dropped one more than we did. A lot of his throws are just downright erratic, period...

ssshhhhhhhhh!!!!!! don't say that too loud because Atlanta might actually hear. I agree that he is a coach killer because he has so much talent as a QB but then he doesn't at the same time. What a conundrum and thank god the saints don't have to deal with that.

I've already said this in another post, but if I am Mora I start Shaub at QB and design some slash type plays for Vick. He is a more exposive version of Kordell Stewart. He is a RB/WR with the ability to throw the ball on some trick plays (that is it).

We could line up Reggie Bush under center and see the same/if not better results. He's a running back, nothing more, nothing less.

I've already said this in another post, but if I am Mora I start Shaub at QB and design some slash type plays for Vick. He is a more exposive version of Kordell Stewart. He is a RB/WR with the ability to throw the ball on some trick plays (that is it).

Yep. I've been getting a lot of flack because I have been saying this all along. People make fun of what I say when I say this about Vick. I've been around this sport for a long time. Vick is not the 1st QB that has come out that is a great runner but nothing as a passer. Vick IS a Coach killer, and will continue to be. He is nothing but an Option QB. That's all he will ever be.

>>Drew Brees is a Quarter Back

I thought that change might consist of a quarter back? :shrug:

I disagree though. Vick, while obviously not a prototype, is a decent quarterback with a strong arm and a nice touch. His receivers dropped 5 balls yesterday. That's not really on him.

This isn't really news though. :shrug:

TPS

Vick was by far the best player on the field for the Falcons yesterday.

Not his fault that their running game was terrible, the receivers bumbled at least 14 points away, and the defense could not stop our air attack. He had 240 total yards with no interceptions, and his receivers cost him at least 60 passing yards and likely at least one touchdown.

Say whatever you will, but Vick was the only reason the Falcons were halfway competitive up until the end of the third quarter.

On top of that, the Falcons goalline playcalling was horrible. They didn't call one designed rollout/bootleg on the goalline for Vick... fortunately for us.

The Falcons need to find a coaching staff that will maximize his talents, rather than minimize him like the current staff has done for years now. See what a good coach (Jeff Fisher) is doing with his young athletic QB for a prime example.

Last edited:
Vick was by far the best player on the field for the Falcons yesterday.

Not his fault that their running game was terrible, the receivers bumbled at least 14 points away, and the defense could not stop our air attack. He had 240 total yards with no interceptions, and his receivers cost him at least 60 passing yards and likely at least one touchdown.

Say whatever you will, but Vick was the only reason the Falcons were halfway competitive up until the end of the third quarter.

I agree with Loose Cannon, here. And I think the Falcons abandoned the run too early. They came out in the second half and immediately ran for a first down. But then tried to pass on first down and got into long third down situations.

They are in a tough spot concerning Vick. It will be real difficult for Mora to sit him and try Schaub for various reasons:
- Vick is immense popular. 90% of the jerseys sold for the Falcons have number 7 on them. He is a big draw for ratings, etc.
- Vick may still be their best option to win games because of his unique abilities. (Schaub scares me more, personally) Would the receivers not dropped Shaub's passes? I know Schaub wouldn't have run for 160+ on us.
- Mora's Sr.'s comments have handcuffed Jr. and it will be media circus if he makes the change even though it may be worth the try.
- And it is possible that racial comments, warranted or not, could enter the mix.

I don't care for Vick for numerous reasons (number one is he is a Falcon), but he is taking more heat for the team's collapse than he should. Maybe it is payback for putting him on a pedestal and annointing him a savior. Works both ways, I guess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom